Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just loved seeing him in the stripes, it was a true pleasure. Whenever he left the pitch though, I worked on the basis that it would be the last time I saw him. That way, the various injuries never bothered me, and nor did last summers will he / won't he dilemma.

If he now signs for someone else, then adios y muchos gracias.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Very talented but fitness a major concern. If we are going to mount a sustained challenge for the whole season we need a fully fit squad from the start. Injuries happen but we can't afford to be carrying someone whose fitness is in doubt, no matter how good they are.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very talented but fitness a major concern. If we are going to mount a sustained challenge for the whole season we need a fully fit squad from the start. Injuries happen but we can't afford to be carrying someone whose fitness is in doubt, no matter how could they are.

Agree with this, With funds being limited due to ffp we can't afford to carry people.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree with this, With funds being limited due to ffp we can't afford to carry people.

Totally agree. I'd suggest that our lack of approach would suggest we have other (more cost effective) options...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He was a pleasure on the few occasions his heart was in it. But lets face it - that was not often enough. Sometimes the footballing Gods give the talent to people who do not really appreciate it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Very talented but fitness a major concern.

How do we know that the apparent injury issues were not simply a reaction to Gus and the alledged clash of styles/personalities? I don't believe he will come back, but I would be fairly confident he has a reasonably injury free season at whatever Spanish 2nd division club he ends up at.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From Brian Owen:

"Vicente has confirmed to local radio in Valencia tonight that he enjoyed England but "I think two years is enough". #bhafc"

That's that, then. Or is it? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah, the attraction of Lesbos and a 2850 capacity stadium has won him over. Shame.

From this..

2160979.jpg

to this..

2758.jpg

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well guess the El Grecos have decided to flash the cash on players rather than refurbish. Oh well disappointing for us now and I feel perhaps for him later. Or am I being churlish ?

Last edited:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He hasn't seen the BBC website then...

FOOTBALL
A global players' union has warned against players signing for teams in Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.

The body are concerned about clubs failing to honour contracts. The advice from International Federation of Professional Footballers (FIFPro) particularly applies to clubs not involved in European competition.

"FIFPro is giving a negative recommendation to players who want to sign with clubs in Cyprus, Greece or Turkey," a FIFPro statement reads.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ben's Grandad won't know what to know with himself now.

Anyone STILL think that he would have been good to re-sign?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here