Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm afreaid you're coming across like the mug.

If the meals being paid for by someone else (i.e. TB) and he's happy to pay for 3 courses and you only get a starter then it's costin' you nowt'.

There are all kinds of costs associated with the club that you've got no control over. Why get so steamed up about the most skillful Albion player ever when you've got no idea how much the club are paying him?

I have an idea, and I can tell you TB WAS NOT happy with the value for money for the Vicente package.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
For the 374,193,204th time. We were able to get him BECAUSE he's injured a lot of the time. Actually take that in for a second. If he was fit all the time, WE WOULDN'T HAVE HIM - hes FAR too good for us. It's THAT simple.

People are monumentally thick about the whole Vicente situation. If he was fit all the time he'd be playing in the Prem with a much better team than us.

Have to agree with this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Difficult one really. Obviously his talent can't be questioned and some of the things he did on Tuesday night were exceptional.

However, apart from his individual bits of skill he very rarely improves our 'team' performance. Many of his passes are misplaced, not because they are poor passes but often team mates aren't on the same page as him. The one thing I'd disagree with is about giving him 90mins to get him match fit, this is the business end of the season and we need people who are fit so he has to be used as an impact player.

THIS, with bells on. Brighton are a team, and not a one-man one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For the 374,193,204th time. We were able to get him BECAUSE he's injured a lot of the time. Actually take that in for a second. If he was fit all the time, WE WOULDN'T HAVE HIM - hes FAR too good for us. It's THAT simple.

People are monumentally thick about the whole Vicente situation. If he was fit all the time he'd be playing in the Prem with a much better team than us.

But he isn't... and we all know that... we pay 100%, we get hardly any game time... not good, is it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having watched the Albion for 39 years he is most probably the most talented player to play for us during that time, I'm not going to say ever as some do because if you weren't there you truly don't know, but he does remind me of one player, Franky Worthington. He would do things that left our players for dead let alone the opposition! This has been mentioned in other posts but Vicente suffers the same, he puts out balls that he has the vision for but others around are too busy watching his skill to notice it's was meant for them.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
All true, B U T he hardly ever plays, so let's spend our money elsewhere.

I'm sorry but you, along with a few other posters, labour under the misapprehension that you have some sort of control or authority in the purchase, sale and selection of players. I suppose boards like NSC do help to create a false reality, a forum where argumentative or assertive/aggressive posters feel they achieve some form of control in virtual reality that is impossible in the real world.

Money spent by the club on players is not our money. Please don't imagine that because we pay at the gate buy food and drink or that because we marched or petitioned for the club or because we attended games at Priestfield or the Goldstone then it's our money. All of these things make it our club but we have no say and we never have had a say on player acquisition or remuneration.

It's immaterial whether Vicente is on a pay as you play contract or on 2 bob a week or 50K a week or his injuries are covered by medical insurance. By all means let the club buy other gifted footballers (rather than the honest journeymen and middle-of-the-road that I've watched ply their trade for us for the last 50 years) but when he's fit lets see him make the crowd roar and propel us from the mundane with his silkily sublime skills.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were on-track for the play-offs without him... we really can't afford to play him to get him match fit if that jeopardises our play-off push whilst he gets up-to-speed... other than that, carry on...

Time and Gus' team selection for the run in will prove or disprove that I guess. He is that good that I think you may be wrong. Seems you are blaming him for us not winning on Tuesday even though he set up players to miss the target and but for a great save at the end from the Charlton keeper could have won us the game himself? I doubt he'll take long to get up to speed myself.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He needs to play every game now to get fully fit,he could be the difference,I find it amazing some people are saying he shouldn't be playing.
Best player in the championship by a mile.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Vicente will have an absolute blinder today and will win us The game with some pure Vicente magic
Wise up you knuckleheads & non believers THE MESSIAH will cometh to play today

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Did anyone see Vicente as Connor MacLeod in Highlander 5 the other night? On the IPad and can't figure how to put a pic up. If anyone can oblige.....
:wink:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Maybe I'm just too much of a football geek, brought up at JUST the right time for when the Skysports era boomed in my childhood and I was flooded with Spanish football and video games in which I could play as Vicente in his peak, but I STILL can't get my head round the fact that THE Vicente is playing for us. I mean, this guy used to be on the VERGE of a BIG MONEY move to REAL MADRID. He was world class. A title thrown about all over the place now, but he was. He was world class. I used to sign him up on Fifa and DESTROY the opposition.

Just to see him trot out in our colours is BONKERS. I used to get excited about Paul Kitson, and now I read people saying they wouldn't want VICENTE here. I don't care if he plays 10 games a year. He's playing them for US. Enjoy it.

Quality post, totally agree!!

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Re; That's just, like, your opinion man. ??? eh?

To say " That's just, like, your opinion man " Makes it stand out like a sore thumb that your talking out of your rear end and you have never been at the Amex when Vicente is on the Ball and Gliding past the oposition putting a pin point pass into the Box! and The Whole Ground resounds to the Tune of; Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Vicente! Vicente! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Vicente! Vicente! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Vicente! Vicente! Get Real or go watch Hastings United or even Southwick ....

I suppose you also feel the same aboutall of our Quality Latino Players; Vicente Rodriguez Miguel - Valencia CF - BHA. - Spain. + Bruno Saltor - Valencia CF - BHA. - Spain + Iñigo Calderón - Alicante and Alavés - BHA. - Spain - Andrea Orlandi Stabilin - Deportivo Alavés - Swansea City BHA. - Spain + David López Moreno - Osasuna and Athletic Bilbao - BHA. - Spain + Leonardo Ulloa - Comisión de Actividades Infantiles Comodoro Rivadavia. - San Lorenzo de Almagro - Arsenal de Sarandí - UD Almería - BHA. - Argentina

Viva Calderon !! :bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports