Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Maybe I'm just too much of a football geek, brought up at JUST the right time for when the Skysports era boomed in my childhood and I was flooded with Spanish football and video games in which I could play as Vicente in his peak, but I STILL can't get my head round the fact that THE Vicente is playing for us. I mean, this guy used to be on the VERGE of a BIG MONEY move to REAL MADRID. He was world class. A title thrown about all over the place now, but he was. He was world class. I used to sign him up on Fifa and DESTROY the opposition.

Just to see him trot out in our colours is BONKERS. I used to get excited about Paul Kitson, and now I read people saying they wouldn't want VICENTE here. I don't care if he plays 10 games a year. He's playing them for US. Enjoy it.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Yeah, his name's Vicente and he's the most talented, oddly ridiculed player we've had at the here since I've been supporting the Albion.

Our medical team have done a fantastic job of working on his complex injuries and now he's going to tear through our opponents in the remaining matches and help get us into the Premier League.

Next question?

100 percent agree

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The best impact player in the championship, would use him for 30-35 mins in the second half of games.
He sees a pass so early, no other player in the squad can even do that.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Maybe I'm just too much of a football geek, brought up at JUST the right time for when the Skysports era boomed in my childhood and I was flooded with Spanish football and video games in which I could play as Vicente in his peak, but I STILL can't get my head round the fact that THE Vicente is playing for us. I mean, this guy used to be on the VERGE of a BIG MONEY move to REAL MADRID. He was world class. A title thrown about all over the place now, but he was. He was world class. I used to sign him up on Fifa and DESTROY the opposition.

Just to see him trot out in our colours is BONKERS. I used to get excited about Paul Kitson, and now I read people saying they wouldn't want VICENTE here. I don't care if he plays 10 games a year. He's playing them for US. Enjoy it.

Top comments most skilful player ever to don the stripes of The Albion

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

There appears to be some people that are happy with a player that makes 10 appearances a season but is paid for 12 months of work. I'm sorry but you are a complete MUG.

If you go to a michelin star restaurant and get a three course meal but only get served the starter I guess you site there being happy about it and then pay up for it at the end.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
There appears to be some people that are happy with a player that makes 10 appearances a season but is paid for 12 months of work. I'm sorry but you are a complete MUG.

If you go to a michelin star restaurant and get a three course meal but only get served the starter I guess you site there being happy about it and then pay up for it at the end.

He is paid per game I am led to believe not per year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I'm not paying for Vicente. I'm being entertained by him.

So no, your example of paying for food is not even remotely close to watching a football player.

But I appreciate your in-depth opinion that I'm a mug for enjoying the image of a former Spanish international playing for my team who almost dropped out the football league.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not paying for Vicente. I'm being entertained by him.

So no, your example of paying for food is not even remotely close to watching a football player.

But I appreciate your in-depth opinion that I'm a mug for enjoying the image of a former Spanish international playing for my team who almost dropped out the football league.

He's not very entertaining when he's sat on the touch line for 80% of the Season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I see there were a fair few comments about how he shouldn't have started on Tuesday. I didn't see the game so obviously can't comment on his contribution. Seems most of the complaints were because of a few loose passes and the fact that the players seemed to want to put everything through him.Use him as an impact sub seemed to be the general opinion and we never win when he starts :rolleyes:

Surely we should be cutting him a bit of slack seeing as he is nowhere near match fit and if we can get a few 90 mins under his belt, should we make the playoffs, and he is fit to play, I suggest he may well be the catalyst that fires us to win them. I'd carry on giving him 90 mins as often as possible :shrug:

If there is one player we should be giving game time until he is match fit, then out of the whole squad I suggest that he is the one who will give us the greatest reward.

I'm pretty sure Tuesday's performance was down to him lacking real match sharpness (which is hardly surprising to be fair). I think he could well be back to his imperious best very soon - assuming he plays for the rest of the season - but I can certainly see why he may be on the bench if GP feels a different starting set-up would be tactically prudent.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I'm afreaid you're coming across like the mug.

If the meals being paid for by someone else (i.e. TB) and he's happy to pay for 3 courses and you only get a starter then it's costin' you nowt'.

There are all kinds of costs associated with the club that you've got no control over. Why get so steamed up about the most skillful Albion player ever when you've got no idea how much the club are paying him?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Difficult one really. Obviously his talent can't be questioned and some of the things he did on Tuesday night were exceptional.

However, apart from his individual bits of skill he very rarely improves our 'team' performance. Many of his passes are misplaced, not because they are poor passes but often team mates aren't on the same page as him. The one thing I'd disagree with is about giving him 90mins to get him match fit, this is the business end of the season and we need people who are fit so he has to be used as an impact player.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He's not very entertaining when he's sat on the touch line for 80% of the Season.

He's entertaining for the 20% he's on.

I don't think I ever wrote he was efficient in terms of playing time, I purely stated it's amazing to see. But, again, apparently I'm a mug for enjoying something.

Also, do you stand by your restaurant example to justify why I was a "Mug". It really was VERY good.

Stumpy Tim

I wish Gus played him on the left, his natural position, especially when he's regaining match fitness. Bridge and Vicente down the wing would be fantastic and it would mean we could play Orlandi too. Vicente's delivery is unbelievable and I'm sure Ulloa would love his quality crosses pinging in, rather than KLL's random punts

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For the 374,193,204th time. We were able to get him BECAUSE he's injured a lot of the time. Actually take that in for a second. If he was fit all the time, WE WOULDN'T HAVE HIM - hes FAR too good for us. It's THAT simple.

People are monumentally thick about the whole Vicente situation. If he was fit all the time he'd be playing in the Prem with a much better team than us.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd rather another Orlandi or Lopez over Vicente, soneone who can CONTRIBUTE all season, not just show a couple of nice moments in 10 games a Season.

He can be as skillfull as he likes but that's useless to us unless he' on the pitch.

He'll leave at the end of the season and we'll not miss him. FACT.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd rather another Orlandi or Lopez over Vicente, soneone who can CONTRIBUTE all season, not just show a couple of nice moments in 10 games a Season.

He can be as skillfull as he likes but that's useless to us unless he' on the pitch.

He'll leave at the end of the season and we'll not miss him. FACT.

Of course you won't miss him. You're paying for him apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here