Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There appears to be some people that are happy with a player that makes 10 appearances a season but is paid for 12 months of work. I'm sorry but you are a complete MUG.

If you go to a michelin star restaurant and get a three course meal but only get served the starter I guess you site there being happy about it and then pay up for it at the end.

This mug waits for you to have your bargain Roadside cafe 3 course meal with free top ups of tea STUFFED down your throat if this 3 star Michelin player stays fit for the rest of the season and helps us to the playoffs and/or promotion :smile:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Maybe I'm just too much of a football geek, brought up at JUST the right time for when the Skysports era boomed in my childhood and I was flooded with Spanish football and video games in which I could play as Vicente in his peak, but I STILL can't get my head round the fact that THE Vicente is playing for us. I mean, this guy used to be on the VERGE of a BIG MONEY move to REAL MADRID. He was world class. A title thrown about all over the place now, but he was. He was world class. I used to sign him up on Fifa and DESTROY the opposition.

Just to see him trot out in our colours is BONKERS. I used to get excited about Paul Kitson, and now I read people saying they wouldn't want VICENTE here. I don't care if he plays 10 games a year. He's playing them for US. Enjoy it.

That. All of it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Isn't it a great sign of the improvement we have made that the team we have now has Vicente trying to adapt to rather than the team adapting to Vicente . We are definately a better allround team with Dave and Orlandi , but that does not stop us using Vicente when we can as more of an impact .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I used to absolutely love it when he was on the teamsheet.

I used to ridicule those who thought we were better without him...

But with the likes of David Lopez, Orlandi and Ulloa in our team, we just don't need him.

thats a joke right?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sniff of the prem ..now he is piping up..If we lose on Saturday and tail off he will go missing again.

Yes, that's why he demolished Derby last year when we were midtable. But let me guess, he'll get in a gold plated limousine with Gus the moment a tabloid paper mentions a managerial vacancy. You're very bitter, is it the snow?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Maybe I'm just too much of a football geek, brought up at JUST the right time for when the Skysports era boomed in my childhood and I was flooded with Spanish football and video games in which I could play as Vicente in his peak, but I STILL can't get my head round the fact that THE Vicente is playing for us. I mean, this guy used to be on the VERGE of a BIG MONEY move to REAL MADRID. He was world class. A title thrown about all over the place now, but he was. He was world class. I used to sign him up on Fifa and DESTROY the opposition.

Just to see him trot out in our colours is BONKERS. I used to get excited about Paul Kitson, and now I read people saying they wouldn't want VICENTE here. I don't care if he plays 10 games a year. He's playing them for US. Enjoy it.

Valencia also were my team of choice on old FIFA games. On fifa 08 they had Villa, Silva, Vicente and Mata. What a team.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sniff of the prem ..now he is piping up..If we lose on Saturday and tail off he will go missing again.

This is just complete and utter bull do do, isn't it? Isn't it? When he's fit to play, he's available to play. It has nothing to do with TV cameras or a sniff of the premier league. Lesser men would have given up on it all. Months in rehab, not playing, away from home.

Sniff of a 'controversial' opinion, Kevtherev is piping up, if we win on Saturday and Vicente is playing, he'll go missing again

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Valencia also were my team of choice on old FIFA games. On fifa 08 they had Villa, Silva, Vicente and Mata. What a team.

What a team indeed.
Bet I still couldn't bloody win with them though.
Sick of getting battered by my 8 year old at FIFA, and Pro Evo for that matter :wrong:

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
There appears to be some people that are happy with a player that makes 10 appearances a season but is paid for 12 months of work. I'm sorry but you are a complete MUG.

If you go to a michelin star restaurant and get a three course meal but only get served the starter I guess you site there being happy about it and then pay up for it at the end.

what a twit you are. you probably want us to play warnock style of play. vicente is beautiful football personified. i'm happy to pay for my season ticket even if it meanes only seeing him 10 times a year.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Best player to play for the Albion. Sicknote, therefore can only be a squad player. Team doesn't seem to gel as well with him in it when he is fit (to date). No extension if I was in charge. But I'm not and in Tony I trust.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
God this has been done to death !

Vicente is thus far THE most talented footballer ever to have worn the BHA stripes and I, for one, will continue to enjoy his contribution to our team knowing that what I have seen will probably/ almost certainly never be repeated at the Amex.

Not one of us knows what sort of contract he is on and I suggest that we leave that to TB and GP who are rather better informed.

In the meantime I suggest that you just enjoy those moments !

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
God this has been done to death !

Vicente is thus far THE most talented footballer ever to have worn the BHA stripes and I, for one, will continue to enjoy his contribution to our team knowing that what I have seen will probably/ almost certainly never be repeated at the Amex.

Not one of us knows what sort of contract he is on and I suggest that we leave that to TB and GP who are rather better informed.

In the meantime I suggest that you just enjoy those moments !

The subject of Vicente has been done to death.

However, after reading through his interview from the other night, I can't help thinking that he sounded a whole lot different.
I know he hasn't done many interviews since joining us, but the ones he has, have all been fairly generic.
He usually talks about "the team" and "the players".

This week he used terms such as "us" and "we", and sounded very positive.
Got me thinking that something might have been discussed about next season.

Maybe ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I see there were a fair few comments about how he shouldn't have started on Tuesday. I didn't see the game so obviously can't comment on his contribution. Seems most of the complaints were because of a few loose passes and the fact that the players seemed to want to put everything through him.Use him as an impact sub seemed to be the general opinion and we never win when he starts :rolleyes:

Surely we should be cutting him a bit of slack seeing as he is nowhere near match fit and if we can get a few 90 mins under his belt, should we make the playoffs, and he is fit to play, I suggest he may well be the catalyst that fires us to win them. I'd carry on giving him 90 mins as often as possible :shrug:

If there is one player we should be giving game time until he is match fit, then out of the whole squad I suggest that he is the one who will give us the greatest reward.

We were on-track for the play-offs without him... we really can't afford to play him to get him match fit if that jeopardises our play-off push whilst he gets up-to-speed... other than that, carry on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
New contract and a hefty wage rise. The guy is an inspiration and a role model. :thumbsup: Without his contribution we would be mid table at best.

Role model = don't play, pick up wages!!! He has NOTHING to do with us being top 6...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great post and totally agree!

His perception and the quality of some of his passes on Tuesday were awesome. How Buckley missed the goal from that dream of an opportunity he crossed to the far post in the second half defies belief. His skills are greater than the majority of players in the Premier League and he's by far the most skilfull player I've seen in a Brighton shirt.

All true, B U T he hardly ever plays, so let's spend our money elsewhere.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Sniff of a 'controversial' opinion, Kevtherev is piping up, if we win on Saturday and Vicente is playing, he'll go missing again
I pointed out months ago how kevtherev is a one trick pony,as boring as the bloke in his avatar who will knock Poyet and the club at every opportunity.So bitter and twisted he must have paid 18 grand for a used Reliant Robin Estate and found out it was palrse season ticket.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here