Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente open to a return to the Albion

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
In terms of stature in the game, he's like the Iberian equivalent of Roy Keane.

I bet there was some excited fans when he agreed to manage Sunderland, but we all know that world class players do not always make great managers. I think he'd be a risk.

I was referring to him playing again for us Simster, although I am open to any other offers **tart**

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I like the idea of a fit Vicente with a point to prove

This with bells on. I think with a new manager, determination and belief, he could well be a key member of the squad come next season. Plus like others have said, the fact that THE Vicente is in our squad alone, will attract all sorts of players.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Would love to see him on a cheap or pay as you play deal. It seems strange that he was (supposedly) fully fit for the last few months of the season and (allegedly) ignored by Poyet.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd rather not have him back to be honest. He'd have 1 brilliant game then 5 average games

If he feels there is unfinished business here and he wants to play for the Albion then I'd have him in a shot.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Ah well in that case it depends which Vicente we get back. Last year was a waste of everybodies time.

Although this:
...is an excellent point.

Sounds increasingly like he was frozen out by Gus last season though if he was, as seems to be the case, fit for most of the season. I will never understand why he wasn't at least on the bench for the 2nd leg against Palace, absolute lunacy.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Really? remember his silky skills against Blackburn when he had some runs down the left wing

Thought he was outstanding in that game. Ran the show, the way he stands the ball up to the far post is superb. With him supplying the crosses and Ulloa up front next season suddenly looks a lot rosier (if he signs). The younger players must learn so much from playing along side someone with his ability.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How much did he cost us last season in wages and how many minutes did he play?

I'm thinking we should be looking younger, fitter players not players who do show glimpses of shear genius but no general contribution. Let the flack commence

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
The Argus understands the Seagulls would be open to the possibility of re-signing him, depending on the outcome of the club’s ongoing investigations into Poyet for allegedly breaching his contract.

From the online article - if true that is interesting but does throw up some questions about who made the decision to release him in the first place??

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A stunning player on his day so I would like to see Vicente back - but only if we appoint a manager who will get the best out him. Hopefully a flair manager will motivate Vicente.

I was underwhelmed and frustrated by his performances this season which he mainly spent jogging around in midfield while the game passed him by and looking fairly disinterested. I recall at Bolton we seemed to take ages to get into a game that was there for the taking because it seemed every move had to be played infield to Vicente who was off the pace. By the time he offloaded the ball Bolton had regrouped. There were no killer balls to compensate for his lack of energy.

He also affects the balance of the side especially when Lopez and Orlandi are involved - they have flair by the bucket load of course but none of them will put a foot in to regain possession which put a lot of pressure on Bridcutt. At Sheff Weds we just got out muscled in midfield by a load of thugs.

Hopefully a new manager will get Vicente in the right frame of mind. However with a limited transfer / wage budget I suspect that most managers would rather invest in a younger player who would be more consistent over the course of a season.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How well do you think his return would go down with the other players?

After his very public attack on GP I'm not sure he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How well do you think his return would go down with the other players?

After his very public attack on GP I'm not sure he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

And of course all the other players love Gus. ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Argus understands the Seagulls would be open to the possibility of re-signing him, depending on the outcome of the club’s ongoing investigations into Poyet for allegedly breaching his contract.

From the online article - if true that is interesting but does throw up some questions about who made the decision to release him in the first place??

It has been reported that Gus & co. refused to handle the released list, so it must have been someone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here