Vicente - one year contract extension exercised by the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Maybe the club got downind of a rival offer emerging and simply got pissed off. The language used is very odd indeed ... shirley it would start "we're thrilled that ..........." defo a story of some sort here and not to do with being in Spain either. Gus categorically said he wouldn't hold him to option, now he has

Hopefully his old "injury" issues don't return

We don't have to hold Vicente to it though. By exercising the option we have the opportunity to keep negotiating with him being a BHA player-this also makes it harder for other clubs to get involved. If by the end of the nagotiations he decides he doesn't want to be here he club can still agree to terminate the contract and release him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm afraid that what has occurred is that the negotiations with Vicente have not yet concluded but the club have exercised their 12 month extension to protect their interests. Otherwise he would have been a free agent on 1st July. It would seems that although the deal is nearly done there is some way to go and there will be no formal announcement until next week. On the positive side I wouldn't be surprised if some type of a 2 year deal is then agreed.

Seems entirely logical, especially given that Vicente is likely to be a bit busy for the next week or so. This move keeps him "ours" until such time as a proper new deal can be concluded, which I suspect is a case of fine details and no more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is under contract till 2013, great...If he doesn't want to be here as some people are suggesting then he can rot in the reserves or we can cash in on him. Either way no one player is bigger than this football club and that goes for Vicente or even f***ing Messi.......It's a bad road to go down to all run around one man and maybe that's what Bloom/Barber have decided, because all Poyet does is lick Vicente's arse.....All that said, it's fantastic news and I think too much is being read into all this.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
A question that interests me is:

If we have exercised the option to ensure we get a fee as another club is sniffing and Vicente may be up for going there what size of fee would BHA be looking for?

Hopefully millions and millions!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't be arsed to run through 19 pages but preumably this means either he plays for us next season or we get enough cash to buy an equivalent player? Given that he's probably on paternity leave and his best mate's just rocked up in town it's likely to be the former. So this IS very good news mais non?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Bruno wouldn't have come out with what he said in the press conference if Vicente hadn't told him at least that he was staying. I suspect that the club has protected their asset and also that Vicente has probably agreed to the extension.............as it also protects him.

I also suspect that the club have given Vicente some leave extension with the new baby, but he will probably report for pre season training next week and sign a new contract and the club can then wheel him out in person and make more publicity out of it.

This is what I really want to believe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bozza's tweet :- Had some Vicente/#bhafc info from a very good source. All we've tweeted about this evening is kinda accurate. More on NSC in a while

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bozza about to start a thread with 25 pages minimum ???

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
bruno wouldn't have come out with what he said in the press conference if vicente hadn't told him at least that he was staying. I suspect that the club has protected their asset and also that vicente has probably agreed to the extension.............as it also protects him.

I also suspect that the club have given vicente some leave extension with the new baby, but he will probably report for pre season training next week and sign a new contract and the club can then wheel him out in person and make more publicity out of it.

this.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I've just read the club statement and this was my take on it before reading this thread. Vicente / agent have talked to another club after making positive noises to us. We activate 2nd year clause to protect our position. It may mean Vicente won't play another game for us, but if he goes to another club we will want a fee. Frustrating, but the sensible thing to do. Now Vicente has to decide on his response to Mr Bloom & Gus in the next few days rather than let it drag in for weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports