Vicente - one year contract extension exercised by the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i reads to me like this.... "we are scared he might not come to us, he has not been in contact, the contract has ran out, so we are making noises."

if he had signed it would have been balloons on the site and gus smiling like a chesire cat and praising him.

he has not signed yet, no way, not after reading that.....but it is still 75% on i think.

Oct 25, 2003
i reads to me like this.... "we are scared he might not come to us, he has not been in contact, the contract has ran out, so we are making noises."

if he had signed it would have been balloons on the site and gus smiling like a chesire cat and praising him.

he has not signed yet, no way, not after reading that.....but it is still 75% on i think.

he's under contract with us until the end of next season......if he wants to leave now it has to be with our blessing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The 1 year option has been activated , maybe he is after another 1 year option when this one finishes ?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Bruno wouldn't have come out with what he said in the press conference if Vicente hadn't told him at least that he was staying. I suspect that the club has protected their asset and also that Vicente has probably agreed to the extension.............as it also protects him.

I also suspect that the club have given Vicente some leave extension with the new baby, but he will probably report for pre season training next week and sign a new contract and the club can then wheel him out in person and make more publicity out of it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Why not just think that Gus has done the decent thing and sorted everything out? As I posted before, I never saw the need for any fuss as we had the Option, which we could exercise. He is now in exactly the same position all all over our other contracted players.

Any of them can go, but under our terms.

With his mates Bruno and Calderon here, and a new child, I suspect he will be happy with some stability for at least this season, if not, and he wants to move on, we get something back for our investment in him last year (for which we have had little return so far).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Maybe the club got downind of a rival offer emerging and simply got pissed off. The language used is very odd indeed ... shirley it would start "we're thrilled that ..........." defo a story of some sort here and not to do with being in Spain either. Gus categorically said he wouldn't hold him to option, now he has

Hopefully his old "injury" issues don't return

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Maybe the club got downind of a rival offer emerging and simply got pissed off. The language used is very odd indeed ... shirley it would start "we're thrilled that ..........." defo a story of some sort here and not to do with being in Spain either. Gus categorically said he wouldn't hold him to option, now he has

Hopefully his old "injury" issues don't return

You have missed something here...'If vicente doesn't want to play for Brighton'.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I also suspect that the club have given Vicente some leave extension with the new baby, but he will probably report for pre season training next week and sign a new contract and the club can then wheel him out in person and make more publicity out of it.
Yes, I can see this could be true. Can't sign before Sunday, so club enforce option just in case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports