Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - one year contract extension exercised by the Albion

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
this...... but I doubt Gus wouldve been the one to do that, Gus is a man of his word imo, i would guess it was Barber

If Gus wasn't on board about this announcement I'd be astonished. That would be very dangerous. The sort of move that could lose Vicente AND the manager.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
FACT... Vicente signed an original contract for 1 year with a clause giving the right to BHAFC for a further year extension if BHAFC so wished.
FACT...BHAFC got him fit, sorted out medical staff, made him do preseason mid season and told him to play. Now he is fit
RUMOUR: Vicente agent touting services to potential highest bidder.
RUMOUR: Some of these 'interested' parties are not substantially a bigger club than the Albion.
FACT....BHAFC spent a lot of time, money and effort into Vicente.
FACT....Business says 'you are not getting something for nothing'.
RUMOUR: We will honour Gus's commitment to let the player decide
FACT...Bloom pulls the poker play............you aint getting nowt for nothing from BHAFC
PAY UP OR PLAY UP OR THE BENCH LOOKS WARM

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? Sitch claimed Vicente had signed.

It now comes out that talks were hitting a snag, or perhaps breaking down, and the club exercised the contract extension to protect their position.
It currently looks like the claim that Vicente had signed was completely false.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It currently looks like the claim that Vicente had signed was completely false.

Maybe the club were told he was going to hence the 95% statement, and then Vicente (and agent) have done the dirty on us. That would explain a lot and (in many respects) vindicate [MENTION=20109]Sitch[/MENTION] after all even Gus thought he was signing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe the club were told he was going to hence the 95% statement, and then Vicente (and agent) have done the dirty on us. That would explain a lot and (in many respects) vindicate [MENTION=20109]Sitch[/MENTION] after all even Gus thought he was signing
No offense to Sitch, but no, it wouldn't vindicate him. He didn't say he was 95% sure Vicente would sign, he said he has signed, and he hasn't.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No offense to Sitch, but no, it wouldn't vindicate him. He didn't say he was 95% sure Vicente would sign, he said he has signed, and he hasn't.

OK ... I accept that, factually incorrect 100% ... but if Vicente was on the phone last week and said I'll be back on xxxxxxx and sign (leading to the Gus 95% statement) then you can understand why a Sitch or anyone would come on here and say it's a done deal if they had been passed the info.

But, as you say, he was wrong and I vote we burn him as a warning to others :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And as pointed out in the mattock + trotter thread, he was careful enough to say "mattock to sign'" not "mattock has signed"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And as pointed out in the mattock + trotter thread, he was careful enough to say "mattock to sign'" not "mattock has signed"
Exactly.
OK ... I accept that, factually incorrect 100% ... but if Vicente was on the phone last week and said I'll be back on xxxxxxx and sign (leading to the Gus 95% statement) then you can understand why a Sitch or anyone would come on here and say it's a done deal if they had been passed the info.
Indeed, he didn't say 'done deal lads, he's said he's going to stay', he said 'he's signed'.

But, as you say, he was wrong and I vote we burn him as a warning to others :lolol:
I liked Sitch, but unfortunately rules is rules. He deserves more than a stake though, let's build a wicker man.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I doubt he gets told anything & he just sees stuff on here, then starts a new thread saying ...... and so on, but its nothing new as he seen it on here & so has everyone else.

I don't know. I think he actually works at the amex, and hears stuff there, but isn't necessarily in the boardroom, so only hears it when it is already leaking out, at which point the leaks have reached other posters from here, or newspapers/ssn etc.

To be fair, vicente signing is the first thing he has posted that you can say is wrong. The rest is just either not provable/definitive, or not anything new.

CMS - he didn't name CMS, didn't claim CMS had signed, and everyone knew we were trying to get him anyway
Mattock to sign, villa to bid for dunk - might have been about to, but changes of minds.
Most others - like trotter, church, kilgallon, were just players brighton were 'interested in'

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I don't know. I think he actually works at the amex, and hears stuff there, but isn't necessarily in the boardroom, so only hears it when it is already leaking out, at which point the leaks have reached other posters from here, or newspapers/ssn etc.

To be fair, vicente signing is the first thing he has posted that you can say is wrong. The rest is just either not provable/definitive, or not anything new.

CMS - he didn't name CMS, didn't claim CMS had signed, and everyone knew we were trying to get him anyway
Mattock to sign, villa to bid for dunk - might have been about to, but changes of minds.
Most others - like trotter, church, kilgallon, were just players brighton were 'interested in'

Which is the point me and other are saying, he starts threads about everything we knew / know on here anyhow, so whats the need for him to start a brand new thread a few days later saying 'my uncles friend who works for the MI5 listened in on a call made by Gus and this players agent'? I'm sure he just gets told late but someone, who no doubt saw it on here.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well sorry, but I'm so happy.

This means we are closer than we've ever been to seeing him don the stripes again. At one point it looked like this may not happen.

While this is of course possible, we have now activated the clause. This means his contract expires 2013, rather than very soon. Even if someone else comes in, we, i.e. BHAFC are now in a better position. This is positive, even if he doesn't play again but I still see this as a step closer to him possibly playing for us again.

Roll on the new season chaps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here