Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente, do we need him still?

• Yes, we need him still and he should be in the starting 11 week in week out when fit.

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Yes, we still need him but he's not such a key person now.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Vicente? Who the F##k's Vicente?

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Yes, he is by far the best player in the team capable of making something from nothing. There is a reason everyone is wanking over him and thats because he is pure class.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's called changing your opinion every five minutes, which is utterly reactionary and gets boring

Opinions change based on circumstances and what is presently happening.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Just seen him and Bruno in church road tesco's just before 8pm this evening. Bruno had a small milk a pack of yakult and dove shower gel. Didn't see what groceries Vicente had but he put a small plant on the checkout.

Oh yes we do need him his still quality when fit.

Oh no I was there just before 8 pm but i never really go in the yakult aisle and the shower gel is down the other end. I must try harder to spot them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... a great player when fit, but hardly ever fit... my concern is the disruption to the team his fit / not fit / fit again / not fit again circumstance causes... can't be good for Gus and the other players IMHO... also, I know his extended absence caused tensions at the highest level of the club last season... overall, given our recent team / squad strengthening and Vicente's probable desire to return to Spain with his family, it might be best for all parties if he is allowed to leave, but this should not be without due recognition of the monies we have invested in him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I voted 'yes, but no so key' but, in all honesty, there is not an option there that really matches my POV...

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
As with all the speculation last season it would be nice if the club put out a true update of his condition and intentions etc etc to put the situation to bed once and for all. If all is well then he is still the best player in class ever to wear the stripes that is fact ! To reach legendary BHA level as a player then much , much more has to be produced.If that is possible then he must stay. If his heart is not in it or injury issues continue then sadly even as a World class player he is surplus to requirements.As said the truth would be nice to know.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would we have Bruno, and (I hope he's all we want him to be) Dave Lopez, without Vicente?

I'm so excited about tomorrow.
I think we are approaching a monumental team without Vicente.
But as [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] says, then we see him play, and the level goes up again.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
4 league games this season Tim, ie every league game so far.

Nope. Played at Cardiff. He has played 2 of the 5 competitive fixtures so far this season, i.e. nearly 50%.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Vicente is 100% fit he should be starting and not coming on for a 15 minute cameo role in the hope of changing the game. I would rather us being 2 nil up after 20 minutes than rely on a Vicente free kick to level the score in stoppage time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's our best player so yes. I also consider him the best player in the Championship...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Opinions change based on circumstances and what is presently happening.

Ok then. So if he returns to the first XI for the Millwall game and turns in another matchwinning performance of sublime quality that no-one who has ever played for Brighton is capable of you will change your mind? Again.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think the OP has got the question wrong. Its all about his fitness and desire to play, his class has never been in doubt.

When he plays his desire doesnt seem to be in doubt. If he is unfit mentally and or physcially and therefore doesnt want to play or cant play then clearly there is no point in having him and perhaps for his mental wellbeing we should let him go home.

Only Poyet, Vicente and the medics know whats going on. I was a big doubter last season but the 20 odd games he played for us were incredibly memorable and i will always be thankful to have seen him play for Brighton.

It looks like we have a squad that is built to play without him if necessay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here