Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente, do we need him still?

• Yes, we need him still and he should be in the starting 11 week in week out when fit.

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Yes, we still need him but he's not such a key person now.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Vicente? Who the F##k's Vicente?

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Yep, he is without doubt the most talented player to ever pull on the famous stripes. If he is 100% fit, he plays. If he is 80% fit he comes on as rhubarb stub at 60 mins, if he's 70% or less put him on the bench to scare the f*** out of the oppo. Yeah ok I love Vicente, rose tinted specs or whatever. After watching the Albion for 30 odd years, to see a player with his ability wearing our colours, is quite frankly, orgasmic.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yep, he is without doubt the most talented player to ever pull on the famous stripes. If he is 100% fit, he plays. If he is 80% fit he comes on as rhubarb stub at 60 mins, if he's 70% or less put him on the bench to scare the f*** out of the oppo. Yeah ok I love Vicente, rose tinted specs or whatever. After watching the Albion for 30 odd years, to see a player with his ability wearing our colours, is quite frankly, orgasmic.

This. He is a player who, upon receiving the ball, has almost every fan holding their breath and on the edge of their seats. He is a little maestro.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The guy does not give a toss, lets call it as it is. He looks as though he is about to go to the dentist for intensive route canal surgery everytime he is in a photograph and gives every impression this little journey to Brighton is the arse end of the World and he is hating every single moment of it and in the Vicente autobiography expect to see a chapter called " the lost year " related to BHAFC. If he was a Dog it would be the kindest thing to have him put out of his misery now. I am sure Gus can see this now, so even a " fit " Vicente may well be left out I think.

And you said you retracted the statements about Vicente's integrity last year... now you have decided to say it all over again?! Unbelievable...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I still think he is the greatest player ever to play for us and for that reason he has to start when fit.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Honestly, how can being injured be taking the piss? He played TWENTY times last season and a month after the season started. Is that really taking the piss?

Even Poyet admitted club staff lost patience with him last season because there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the bloke. That's when they stopped listening to him and upped his training, resulting in a run of games.

So you can hardly blame fans for saying the same thing.

Not sure if 'taking the piss' is the right phrase, but put it this way, I think a different character with his ailments would have played a lot more.

And yes, I do think he is the best player ever to play for Brighton, which only makes it all the more frustrating.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I still think he is the greatest player ever to play for us and for that reason he has to start when fit.

This! IT'S VICENTE FOR GAWD'S SAKE, HE'S A LEGEND AND CAN CHANGE A GAME.

Who would have thought a few short years ago that Brighton could have on the fans forum, a thread entitled 'Vicente, do we need him still?' !!

AMAZING.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The only thing I can see out of this:

1-1 at home with 15 minutes left, we are all over the opposition but can not break them down, and you have A fit Vicente on the bench. DONE!

He needs to be used as an impact sub I think for us to get the best out of him but not used so much that he injures himself again.

....... is the correct answer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Standard black & white nonsense from him I'm afraid. Boring now

It is called having an opinion Tim. Vicente is mustard when he plays but the problem is, he hardly ever does play. He is a luxury commodity and totally unreliable.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The guy does not give a toss, lets call it as it is. He looks as though he is about to go to the dentist for intensive route canal surgery everytime he is in a photograph and gives every impression this little journey to Brighton is the arse end of the World and he is hating every single moment of it and in the Vicente autobiography expect to see a chapter called " the lost year " related to BHAFC. If he was a Dog it would be the kindest thing to have him put out of his misery now. I am sure Gus can see this now, so even a " fit " Vicente may well be left out I think.

You're right. He clearly hates appearing for Brighton and always looks glum in a photo...

vicente_1468877a.jpeg

Vicente+Rodriguez+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Derby+qrVpNsqYhPnl.jpg

He clearly hates the stripes that much he can't wait to take them off...
20_vicente_1468463a.jpg

:ffsparr: :ffsparr: :facepalm:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh FFS can you stop wanking over this player. Yes he is very good, when he wants to play but the problem is he hardly ever wants to play or is able to play and most of it is in his mind. There is absolutely no point in having a great player in the side if he does not play. Even Poyet knows this now so this collective adoration of this player has reached ridiculous levels now. If he can make a meaningful contribution to the team this year , great, if he can't let him go back to Spain.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
yes, he would be in my starting 11, simply because he is that good, other teams change the way they play to deal with him.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Oh FFS can you stop wanking over this player. Yes he is very good, when he wants to play but the problem is he hardly ever wants to play or is able to play and most of it is in his mind. There is absolutely no point in having a great player in the side if he does not play. Even Poyet knows this now so this collective adoration of this player has reached ridiculous levels now. If he can make a meaningful contribution to the team this year , great, if he can't let him go back to Spain.

So because he isn't mentally stable he should get the sack? Let's hope you never suffer any kind of breakdown, as that would mean, going by your theory, you should be instantly sacked and never allowed in employment again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So because he isn't mentally stable he should get the sack? Let's hope you never suffer any kind of breakdown, as that would mean, going by your theory, you should be instantly sacked and never allowed in employment again.

Where did I say that ? Also I can't be sacked as I am self employed so I just get on with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here