[Misc] veterans / football lads to march on sunday 12 nov

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nope but i will be attending the wreath laying ceremony at the War Memorial (locally) on Sunday to pay my respects and thanks
Always very moving to see these things. When a lad, I was in the Boys' Brigade and we formed part of those parades. It was a major occasion for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Always very moving to see these things. When a lad, I was in the Boys' Brigade and we formed part of those parades. It was a major occasion for us.
Same for us when I was in the cubs/scouts/venture scouts - it was pretty much mandatory to attend. My grandfather (ex WWII POW) was an RBL standard-bearer for 40 years for his local branch and did so at the Albert Hall ceremony a couple times - his proudest moments.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Same for us when I was in the cubs/scouts/venture scouts - it was pretty much mandatory to attend. My grandfather (ex WWII POW) was an RBL standard-bearer for 40 years for his local branch and did so at the Albert Hall ceremony a couple times - his proudest moments.
I think I may have been to something at the Albert as a kid. Although my parents were reluctant to take me on the coach. There was such an event at a major venue in London, with everyone in their best bib and tucker, where we got up to sing the first hymn and I threw up over someone in their finest attire.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's almost as though the Tories want trouble so they can declare a state of emergency.
Of course they want trouble although I don't think a state of emergency is the aim.

Maybe just an excuse to ban further palestine marches, maybe part of some convoluted trap for Starmer. It'll be with an eye on the next election.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
'They don't know what they're doing' is the phrase that springs to mind.

Incidentally, the veterans don't want their support. They go with their oppos to march, pay respect, and then have a good drink afterwards in various pubs around the area,
what ...?? a bit like allied forces shelling the shit out of one beach and then putting infantry ashore on another straight into an enemy ambush....?? that sort of "they don't know what they are doing "..??

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
yes well this is what i was alluding to .....thanks.
Well can you allude to it somewhere else.
If there is one thing that really grips my shit are the wankers who haven’t served, using Remberance Sunday for their own political bollocks. Normally a racist and nationalist agenda.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is quite staggering that the far right who have been in trouble for nazi salutes etc are now not happy because of a March against something Israel are doing. I guess they just hate other people more. Either way I bet most of them could not even point at Gaza on a map.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It is quite staggering that the far right who have been in trouble for nazi salutes etc are now not happy because of a March against something Israel are doing. I guess they just hate other people more. Either way I bet most of them could not even point at Gaza on a map.
I thought this as well. Some odd alliances form in this modern world.

Well you could conclude that if you thought that the football lads or whoever they were had any interest in world politics or actual rememberance instead of just taking the opportunity to be boorish and violent

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems Yaxley-Lennon’s rabble are busy fighting the police that are trying to keep them away from the cenotaph today.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
True. Spare a thought for the Jewish community in London today ... probably the biggest gathering of antisemites this country has ever seen from both ends of the political spectrum :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i reckon none of them have been to a rememberance day or memorial in their life. now they're getting kettled in Westminister, while Tommy ran away.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
True. Spare a thought for the Jewish community in London today ... probably the biggest gathering of antisemites this country has ever seen from both ends of the political spectrum :nono:

The proven antisemites (the violent lot currently fighting the police) are completely and entirely down to blatant dog whistling from yet another of your heroes from your much praised cabal, Braverman :facepalm:

You do get easily confused, don't you :dunce:

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Serial criminal Steven Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Ten-Names and his rabble of racist knuckle draggers besmirching fallen veterans with their unwelcome presence today by brawling with police. No doubt they'll be brawling amongst themselves in a Spoons a bit later. The predictable violence from these thugs today is on Braverman with her agenda. Yaxley-Lennon and co are now Bravermans Brownshirts.

Also notable the usual suspects were silent in condemning the laying of a wreath by the neo nazi National Front at the cenotaph this week. The NF being an organisation with holocaust deniers and antisemites no less. The current situation is all rather confusing and conflicting for the gammonati and right wing factions...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports