Very Important!!! - BHAFC to be taken over by 8 Jan 2006

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
But Portsmouth is still in the majority a shithole full of 14 year old mothers and their 15 year old chav boyfriends (who are not the fathers of their children)

Still better than Crawley or Croydon though.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's a shithole - but it's not a London overspill like Crawley, as you say. Portsmouth is improving - it is slowly but surely demolishing all the rubbish and putting up decent areas. It is no accident that when you are up the Spinnaker Tower, you are arc-blocked from seeing North End! Gunwharf Quays is expanding, and right round as far as the Eastern Road there are developments and renewal projects going on. People actually come to Portsmouth these days, rather than desperately driving away from it!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
But Portsmouth is still in the majority a shithole full of 14 year old mothers and their 15 year old chav boyfriends (who are not the fathers of their children)

Still better than Crawley or Croydon though.
Firstly, it aint better than Croydon. Portsmouth is f***ing horrible. And for fucks sake, will SUSSEX people give it a REST banging on about how horrible Crawley is supposed to be. You've either not been there for a decade or you're from Horsham. It honestly really isn't that bad. Certainly not as bad as the likes of Portsmouth, Croydon or Luton. :angry:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Portsmouth, WTF are these people doing queueing up to throw their (bent) dosh at that shithole for?

By the way, Gunwharf Quays is just a bunch of factory retail outlets, nothing special at all. A few poncy bars for officers of the Royal Navy to pay over the top prices for & pretend they're better than the riff raff ratings who are pissed as farts down Guildhall walk. (Rounds route Alpha).

Drive up to Southsea & see how the place has declined, it's f***ing awful.

Thank f*** I live in glorious Sussex by the Sea!!!!

:drink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
I was in Crawley at the weekend and believe me it is f***ing horrible!
Seriously - what's wrong with it? It's got decent park ground, reasonable shopping, and a few chavs (like most big towns).

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
smudge said:
Portsmouth, WTF are these people doing queueing up to throw their (bent) dosh at that shithole for?

By the way, Gunwharf Quays is just a bunch of factory retail outlets, nothing special at all. A few poncy bars for officers of the Royal Navy to pay over the top prices for & pretend they're better than the riff raff ratings who are pissed as farts down Guildhall walk. (Rounds route Alpha).

Drive up to Southsea & see how the place has declined, it's f***ing awful.

Thank f*** I live in glorious Sussex by the Sea!!!!

:drink:

Jo's is shut. :nono: Spent many happy nights/mornings being thrown down those stairs and bouncing out on to the pavement for a free ride home in a special wagon!

Gunwharf Quays is actually not officer country - that's Old Southsea these days. Rating land is GQs - they have gone upmarket.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Simster - maybe it's just the people of Crawley. Most of them 4 to 5 stone overweght (that's the women) out in their best grey jogging bottoms, smoking 18 fags at a time, bending over their prams (thus revealing their most revolting fat arses with badly washed thongs) whilst ramming another MacDonalds into baby Jordan's gob.

Of maybe it's when you play sport against them they spit, cheat and are generally foul mouthed.

Oh, and then there's always Broadfield & Bewbush. Two really delightful areas.

Agree that the shops are ok though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
BensGrandad said:
I personally couldn't give two hoots where the money comes from and how much any future chairman makes out of the club and if he uses the club for whatever purpose provided:

(a) The Club stays in existence
(b) Thrives financially
(c) Is successful on the field.

If in doing the above 3 things a chairman makes an extra fortune out of us so be it.

but the current chairman has delivered in all three areas compared to his predeccesor and hasn't made a personal fortune out of it. So why do you have a problem with him?

What is your agenda? have you been turned down by this board?
are you loaded? is a mate of yours loaded?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ROSM said:
but the current chairman has delivered in all three areas compared to his predeccesor and hasn't made a personal fortune out of it. So why do you have a problem with him?

:clap:

Exactly. Dick Knight has delivered on everything he promised (and more - I don't remember two promotions on the menu). There are far, far too many people with short memories on NSC.

There are dozens of clubs out there with lying, conniving chairman who look enviously at our Dick.

ROSM said:

Don't worry, fella, you'll soon find him endearing in an odd way, just think of him as NSC's version of:

grandpasimpson9wr.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gwylan said:
:clap:

Exactly. Dick Knight has delivered on everything he promised (and more - I don't remember two promotions on the menu). There are far, far too many people with short memories on NSC.

Nobody is disputing what he has done in the past we are now looking to the future and what he can do.

He made a catergoric statement that we would be at Withdean for 3 years. No ifs or buts 3 years. At the time I said it would be nearer 8 and I would buy a senior citizens season ticket at Withdean, and everybody scoffed and put me down. I will buy that next season.

Ben is 10 where will we be when he or I buy his first adult season ticket. Falmer? Withdean?

BensGrandad said:
Ben is 10 where will we be when he or I buy his first adult season ticket. Falmer? Withdean?

Falmer, by the time he's 13 or 14 :thumbsup:

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
BensGrandad said:

You buy his ticket do you?

Your pension goes a long way, or is it the winter fuel allowance that pays for it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BHA request season ticket payments early but even they dont stretch to Nov of the previous year so No it isnt Winter Fuel Allowance. Also at my age the allowance is only £200 not enough for a season ticket.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Anyway back to Portsmouth HS has confirmed that it is a 'shithole.' My point is therefore made!

Oh God I have to go off to work there now...drive past the slag heap, the rotting ships scrapyard, the chavvy dog track, the Stalinist blocks of flats......:nono:

And deep down the problem is the people ...inward looking (they hate Southampton andhate everywhere else), retarded-look at the schools pass rates!..grunting fighting moronic arseholes!!:O

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Simster said:
You know I think you might be right there.

the fact I didn't get an answer despite the fact I've asked three times in various threads kind of supports that.

so what we have is a bitter pensioner with supposedly loaded mates who snipes and digs from the sidelines (albeit when he talks purely about football he does talk sense).

I've got it, he's Alan Mullery!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ROSM said:
the fact I didn't get an answer despite the fact I've asked three times in various threads kind of supports that.

so what we have is a bitter pensioner with supposedly loaded mates who snipes and digs from the sidelines (albeit when he talks purely about football he does talk sense).

I've got it, he's Alan Mullery!

I think Bens Grandad was mates with the Anti Christ that was Greg Stanley and its sort of gone from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports