Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Important!!! - BHAFC to be taken over by 8 Jan 2006

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
bathseagull said:
so has the bloke at pompey got the wrong south coast club...?

It does suggest that this rumour did have something about it, but someone along the way has assumed it was us and it turned out to be Pompey.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bathseagull said:
so has the bloke at pompey got the wrong south coast club...?

(CNP from another thread)

Just been speaking to someone that has a lot of insider knowledge of Pompey (he was the one that dropped the Redknapp-for-manager info before it became public), and apparently the guy was looking at two South Coast clubs, both of which have planning permission for a new ground. What took him to Portsmouth is their plan to rotate the ground 90 degrees and develop housing around it (a £90M+ development) - just like Chelsea Village. The other South Coast club that got a mention was us, but he was put off because of the Falmer challenge (whether or not it comes to anything) and the recent drop down the division. If Pompey get relegated, the cash injection would take them up again. If we got relegated, then we would take longer to stabilise, it would be harder to bring in big players at that level, and the return on investment would be slower. It was felt that Brighton could have potentially a massive fan base (better transport links than Portsmouth peninsula), but as Portsmouth is the 58th fastest growing city in the UK, the injection of other investors' cash was a factor. Putting money into an area which is already on the up, economically, gives him a better chance of making more cash - which, after all, is what he is there for.

Oh well.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On another threaf W&I still believes there may be something afoot at board level... all very interesting!

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Not sure what point your'e making HS-the 58th fastest growing city doesn't sound great -58yh out of what?-and tallies with my experience (I'm unfortunate enough to have to work in the dump!)

If this is a property deal for part of the Pompey centre it makes more sense...but a residential Pompey Village based on Chelsea's complex is pie in the sky-Portsmouth is hardly an upmarket base for professional people is it? :nono:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Bish Bosh said:
Not sure what point your'e making HS-the 58th fastest growing city doesn't sound great -58yh out of what?-and tallies with my experience (I'm unfortunate enough to have to work in the dump!)

:

There are 66 cities in the UK, so being 58th makes Portsmouth one of the worst

HampshireSeagulls said:
(CNP from another thread)

Just been speaking to someone that has a lot of insider knowledge of Pompey (he was the one that dropped the Redknapp-for-manager info before it became public), and apparently the guy was looking at two South Coast clubs, both of which have planning permission for a new ground. What took him to Portsmouth is their plan to rotate the ground 90 degrees and develop housing around it (a £90M+ development) - just like Chelsea Village. The other South Coast club that got a mention was us, but he was put off because of the Falmer challenge (whether or not it comes to anything) and the recent drop down the division. If Pompey get relegated, the cash injection would take them up again. If we got relegated, then we would take longer to stabilise, it would be harder to bring in big players at that level, and the return on investment would be slower. It was felt that Brighton could have potentially a massive fan base (better transport links than Portsmouth peninsula), but as Portsmouth is the 58th fastest growing city in the UK, the injection of other investors' cash was a factor. Putting money into an area which is already on the up, economically, gives him a better chance of making more cash - which, after all, is what he is there for.

Oh well.
So he's not interested in football, then? Just property development.

I guess he'll buy his materials from Focus DIY.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
BensGrandad said:
To make it a worthwhile investment both will have to go hand in glove.

Do not worry there is somebody out there waiting for us.

okay, I'm new to this game - but what is your agenda? You seem to know a lot about football, but seem very anti this board. Lots of sly digs and nose tapping.

Are you a multi millionaire who is trying to take us over?

We should be told

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I personally couldn't give two hoots where the money comes from and how much any future chairman makes out of the club and if he uses the club for whatever purpose provided:

(a) The Club stays in existence
(b) Thrives financially
(c) Is successful on the field.

If in doing the above 3 things a chairman makes an extra fortune out of us so be it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Isn't the father of the chap who has just bought into Pompey, wanted to answer questions regarding oil for arms, in somewhere like Angola or Congo??? Lucky escape if you ask me.... I wouldn't trust a chairman from abroad with a relatively unknown business track record.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Bish Bosh said:

If this is a property deal for part of the Pompey centre it makes more sense...but a residential Pompey Village based on Chelsea's complex is pie in the sky-Portsmouth is hardly an upmarket base for professional people is it? :nono:

Have you missed Gunwharf Quays then?! Portsmouth is expanding, there are new developments springing up all over the place. Fratton Business Park is expanding again, and once they lift and shift Fratton Park, they are building a £90M+ development of housing there. (It's in tonight's News). Within 90 minutes of London, South Coast leisure, quick access to the continent. Southampton Airport has expansion potential, as does Bournemouth - these guys are not amateurs, they know exactly what they are doing with their investments.

Pop up the Spinnaker (formerly Millennium) Tower and look around - I think you may be amazed by the amount of creeping development you can see from up there!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here