Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Verdict on Palace fans today, please post here:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I liked your "stand up if you hate Palace" song, shame only about 20% of you stood up, needs some more work, and you take the piss out of our goal music, WTF was that music you lot entered the pitch to? sounded like a obscure country that have just won a medal at the Olympics that you never heard of appauling, again could do better

You mean Sussex By The Sea?

A proper song. Look up its history.

Oh, and remind me, you lot run out to what? the Dave Clark five, have goal music, and a Bloke on the PA to remind who has just scored for you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They were loud pre-match, but seemed to go quiet after kick off. They had the "30 goals, thanks a lot" chant that seemed shut our fans up for a few moments. But there were still a lot of them there post match applauding their team off, despite the 3-0 loss.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
"very loud for the first 40 minutes" is generous - I've just remembered a couple of Glenn Murray chants to add to the one I mentioned above but seriously not much else... "Hark Now Hear" and "We Are Palace" both completely drowned out - no "nick-nack paddywhack" or other anti-Brighton songs audible.

With no blue specs on I think our home stands did a really decent job even at 0-0 of repelling the smeggy horde. From 1-0 onward it was`no contest.

Absolutely this. Maybe due to location in the gnd. I'm near the north and there were only a couple of small moments when they made themselves heard

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Those who've posted tonight have been bang on but yes wondered if many had turned up today. Shocking away support but then again about what was expected. Seem to have a few decent blokes but all a bit quiet and seem more Euro-pop / Euro-vision types than typical football supporters (especially away types).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd give them 6. They were in good voice until the goal, but the two in three minutes left both the team and the fans shell-shocked. I think they came expecting to win, bit of complacency maybe, and it's going to be hard to sing in those circumstances at 3-0 down.

That said they stayed, and applauded their team off. Credit for that, I'm not sure I would have. They were shite.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The first 40 minutes was full of passion from both sets of fans. Considering it was a midday kick off that was a derby atmosphere to savour. What followed was one way traffic on and off the pitch & I F**KING LOVED IT!!! :albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They were loud pre-match, but seemed to go quiet after kick off. They had the "30 goals, thanks a lot" chant that seemed shut our fans up for a few moments. But there were still a lot of them there post match applauding their team off, despite the 3-0 loss.

Stayed as worried, following the advice to leave later.

Any other circumstance and stadium, would have drifted away in their hordes, just like any other set of pained losers.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Not a homophobic chant all afternoon to be fair. They took it in good grace mainly, apart from the Kuszczak incident. Overall they were very poor , like their team.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I liked your "stand up if you hate Palace" song, shame only about 20% of you stood up

The other 80% of us couldn't give a f@ck about you

;-)

......WTF was that music you lot entered the pitch to? sounded like a obscure country that have just won a medal at the Olympics that you never heard of appauling, again could do better

That, young man, was the National Anthem for the Kingdom of South Saxons, Sussex by the Sea.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'd give them 6. They were in good voice until the goal, but the two in three minutes left both the team and the fans shell-shocked. I think they came expecting to win, bit of complacency maybe, and it's going to be hard to sing in those circumstances at 3-0 down.

That said they stayed, and applauded their team off. Credit for that, I'm not sure I would have. They were shite.

Perhaps i'm wrong but i thought they had to stay behind anyway. Not much point in scooting off, might as well stand around until the end.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Not a homophobic chant all afternoon to be fair. They took it in good grace mainly, apart from the Kuszczak incident. Overall they were very poor , like their team.

they came out with the 'does your boyfriend know you're here?' twice, but in fairness not a lot. Not really much to goad us about

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Pretty spot on. My season ticket in s1i means i was right next to them and it was fairly noisey for a bit. Second half i could hear more coming for the east stand than them. But all in all i believe we matched them for 40 mins before the goals and then when we knocked in the 3 it was a easy victory on and off the pitch. Even at halftime they iffered nothing through the barriers which a lot of other teams have done especially leeds.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought they were loud in patches until our first goal. Not consistently so, and nowhere near as loud as last year, but they had their moments. The Glenn Murray "30 goals" chant was mildly amusing.

Second half: nothing.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I liked your "stand up if you hate Palace" song, shame only about 20% of you stood up, needs some more work, and you take the piss out of our goal music, WTF was that music you lot entered the pitch to? sounded like a obscure country that have just won a medal at the Olympics that you never heard of appauling, again could do better

we ve song that song we enter the stadium to for years and years its sussex by the sea.its nothing new and its not while the game is going on.unlike yourselfs when your crap music played like something from the NFL really plastic and phony our fans don t need music to get us cheering!when we score one two or three goals lol and when i looked the whole stadium bar you lot were stood up which was class.and if i remember rightly you change your music to suit your players like who let dogs out when doogie freedman used to score its a football match ffs not a big fat gypsy wedding.2nd thoughts palace gypsys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here