Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Verdict on Palace fans today, please post here:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5580300 said:
Maybe it was where I was sitting (ESL) but I thought they completely out sung us in the first half until our two goals killed them off :shrug:
[MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] there was a fair bit of does your boyfriend know your here chants (not sure if you count that as homophobic)

Missed that. It goes in one ear and out of the other now.

When you set yourself up as "the best fans in the Championship" and that you "create a wall of noise whether winning or losing" you better live up to it. Palace don't.

I can hear all the away fans from my position in WSU South - Leeds, Watford and Arsenal have all outsung Palace this season. In the 2nd half they were pathetic and started leaving early - mind you they were being totally owned on and off the pitch.:O

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we can just take our blue tinted glasses off for a moment.

They were very loud for the first 40 minutes. Second half not but we had done them by then.

Second half they had nothing to sing about.

I sit in Upper West G BTW.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Loads more Albion fans left before the end than Palarse fans. :moo:
Not surprised that the cardboard cut-outs in the South Stand stayed where they were.

Seriously, I agree that there wasn't the mass exodus you'd normally get and if that was genuine solidarity with their shell-shocked players then fair play... I suspect it had more to do with the fact that the train direct to Croydon wasn't leaving until 2.45pm...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I thought they were okay up until the first goal. Exactly the opposite for our fans who were pretty pathetic in the first half. A combination of apprehension, early kick off and uninspiring football.

Palace had some chants I had never heard before which makes a nice change.

This sums it up for me.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I liked your "stand up if you hate Palace" song, shame only about 20% of you stood up, needs some more work, and you take the piss out of our goal music, WTF was that music you lot entered the pitch to? sounded like a obscure country that have just won a medal at the Olympics that you never heard of appauling, again could do better

You mean Sussex by the Sea? The club's anthem and song we've run out to for many years :facepalm:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They had ONE loud chant all afternoon (a rendition of the catchy "We're Red & Blue" number around 12.15pm...). That one chant showed what was possible (i.e. perfectly feasible for them to get one of their songs ringing loudly round The Amex) but it never happened again. I sit towards the North end of WSU and heard very little else from them.

At the southern end of the ground I'm sure Palace were loud at times near the start but the joy of The Amex is the excellent atmosphere in the home stands which means that even 2,600 noisy away fans don't dominate.

Obviously the result and events on the pitch from about half an hour onwards gave them little to shout about so not surprising that it all went "quiet over there".

Truly marvellous scenes.

Spot on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If we can just take our blue tinted glasses off for a moment.

They were very loud for the first 40 minutes. Second half not but we had done them by then.

Second half they had nothing to sing about.

I sit in Upper West G BTW.
"very loud for the first 40 minutes" is generous - I've just remembered a couple of Glenn Murray chants to add to the one I mentioned above but seriously not much else... "Hark Now Hear" and "We Are Palace" both completely drowned out - no "nick-nack paddywhack" or other anti-Brighton songs audible.

With no blue specs on I think our home stands did a really decent job even at 0-0 of repelling the smeggy horde. From 1-0 onward it was`no contest.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
ignore repeat post

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I liked your "stand up if you hate Palace" song, shame only about 20% of you stood up, needs some more work, and you take the piss out of our goal music, WTF was that music you lot entered the pitch to? sounded like a obscure country that have just won a medal at the Olympics that you never heard of appauling, again could do better

Oh dear. Palace JCL?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought they were okay up until the first goal. Exactly the opposite for our fans who were pretty pathetic in the first half. A combination of apprehension, early kick off and uninspiring football.

Palace had some chants I had never heard before which makes a nice change.

The stuff you've never heard before is the Holmsdale Spazmo's St.Pauli Euro nonsense.
"Something something ..... Palace .... are the best la la dooo dooo whooooaaa whooooaaa Palace Palace.... do do do whoooaaa"

Utter Utter rubbish!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here