Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vaughan v Trott

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yards and Banger have both come back from this sort of illness to continue [well] at county level. I don't think there is a sport quite like cricket that makes such great demands on mental strength alongside all the other necessary skills [technical, tactical. physical].

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the point is that there are separate conditions. Anxiety and depression ARE different things but Trott did seem to be in denial to me.

Yes u r right they are separate and very complex...with the possibility of anxiety leading to depression... The important thing is not what we think but his admission.. Which hopefully will be the first step to a FULL recovery

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Yes u r right they are separate and very complex...with the possibility of anxiety leading to depression... The important thing is not what we think but his admission.. Which hopefully will be the first step to a FULL recovery

Having suffered from both myself and been ashamed of it for years I can understand how he feels. Just hope he can see that the admission these days will get him more support than suspicion than he realises. People are much more willing to discuss it in constructive terms now. I'm no longer ashamed from suffering from it just not trusting people close to me to deal with it sooner.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think the stupidest thing Trott did was say he was scared about being called a "nutcase" and this little nugget "People come up to you and say, 'It's good to see you're out and about' and I'm like, 'I'm not crazy I was just burnt out'.""

Exactly. As I have said he was in denial. This needs to be addressed for his own development.

I believe Vaughan got it right again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having suffered from both myself and been ashamed of it for years I can understand how he feels. Just hope he can see that the admission these days will get him more support than suspicion than he realises. People are much more willing to discuss it in constructive terms now. I'm no longer ashamed from suffering from it just not trusting people close to me to deal with it sooner.

Having suffered an anxiety related illness I can also relate to where he is at...although the path of everyone is different.... What some people fail to realise is that they are looking from the outside ..and that those who are suffering don't always make rational decisions

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Having suffered an anxiety related illness I can also relate to where he is at...although the path of everyone is different.... What some people fail to realise is that they are looking from the outside ..and that those who are suffering don't always make rational decisions

Very much.Took me a long time to deal with that. Thought they were right and I was wrong. I'm lucky to have had some good family and friends along the way who've tried to understand my irrational behaviour at times. Not everyone has that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here