[Football] VAR audio to be released post-match

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My mind hasn’t changed. Complete propaganda.

I would have had a lot more respect if they took a decision that they apologised for showed that and why it went wrong.

The one mistake they did show was bmuff vs Brentford which doesn’t impact either team in any major way and both have nothing left to play for. Shock.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In the SKY studio this evening pre Leicester Liverpool game…going through VAR decisions ..be nice he did this on a free to air channel to help people who havnt paid out for a sky sub
Just watching it - interesting hearing from Harold Webb himself and his insights into the benefits of VAR but feels primarily a bit like a public relations exercise tbh and a defence of VAR. Having said that, it’s enlightening to see the kind of extensive footage that VAR refs see which could go some way to appeasing fans but FIFA won’t allow it to be played out during the game. No reason why it couldn’t all be released after the match in controversial decisions though.

(Some of the refs sound really quite intimidated by players surrounding them on the field judging by their mic links to the VAR recordings.😳)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That was just PR for VAR. One token VAR mistake discussed but none of the controversial and subjective calls. Clearly they are doubling down on this and now embarking on a marketing campaign. Unfortunately they are treating us like idiots.
All moving in the right direction. Webb only started January and had a baptism of fire really.

Mike Riley in all his years never did any kind of media

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All moving in the right direction. Webb only started January and had a baptism of fire really.

Mike Riley in all his years never did any kind of media
There’s no right direction. The game is far worse with VAR.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Howard Webb and co are cowards. Release the footage which REALLY influenced the result. How the hell did the VAR official draw the line from the wrong player V Palace. That Spurs game was scandalous. PR rubbish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There’s no right direction. The game is far worse with VAR.
Maybe but they won’t scrap it when all the e european leagues and competitions use it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bozza says there is a rule about it being “live” and I am sure he is right. I have to ask why though? What is the problem with it being shown on the stadium screens. They are obviously hiding something but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is or why. Maybe it’s fear of the unknown?
FIFA hiding something.
That's like the proverbial 🐻:poop: in the 🪵 or is the pope Catholic.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Webb on TS this morning …..mention of the Tottenham v Brighton game ……Jordan pushing but Webb is blah blah blah
Really wish they asked him about the Palace one. The Spurs game was a horror show, but Webb can hide behind the idea that one persons view of what a foul is can be different to others, and thats why they got the penalty decision wrong. But drawing the offside line in the wrong place is just incompetency.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Maybe but they won’t scrap it when all the e european leagues and competitions use it.
Sorry, there's no maybe - VAR has killed so many aspects of the live game. It's completely useless.
Every one of our goals against Arsenal - there was a nagging doubt that it may be disallowed.

Watched the National League play off final. Stunning game and every goal was a goal. And was celebrated as such.
In the Premier League? - GOAL , oh maybe

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Webb being on MNF last night - he came across well but let’s be honest it was just a very well rehearsed PR exercise with cherry picked examples where VAR was used correctly or wasn’t THAT wrong (open to interpretation)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really wish they asked him about the Palace one. The Spurs game was a horror show, but Webb can hide behind the idea that one persons view of what a foul is can be different to others, and thats why they got the penalty decision wrong. But drawing the offside line in the wrong place is just incompetency.
If White had been on the ball he could have pushed him on all three contentious decisions in that game ….but he wasn’t

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wonder if the refs are on nickname terms with all the players or just Declan "Dec" Rice?

"Dec - DEC! He's checking it Dec. It's really tight Dec"

Surely in rugby that would be "Captain - he is reviewing it. Go away"?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The line drawing for offside on the programme shows how half arsed it when goals are being disallowed for millimetres.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Am I being whooshed here ? The line drawing scandal of the Palace game has already been dealt with and the reason explained perfectly.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This will only make fans angrier, no? VAR will still make incorrect calls, but now we’ll have the ability to listen to the bumbling morons explaining how they’ve drawn the line on the wrong player.
Well exactly.

Just rubbing salt into the wound. Imagine hearing the discussion of those two idiots post Tottenham, or the idiot that couldn’t spot Welbeck being kicked at Leicester….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here