• Vane Hecke

• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
JPvH was awful tonight, like a few others, but he really struggled.

It doesn’t make him a bad player, just one that is still learning.

Webster would have been much better IMZo, either with JPvH or Julio, mainly because he communicates throughout, and defensively we looked in disarray.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Van Hecke is looking better and better the more he plays. Webster is going backwards in comparison.

It’s a tough call to make but I’m edging towards Van Hecke now being first choice. Does mean Dunk playing left sided CB, but that might help him get into the England starting 11!
To be fair Webster was sold out vs West Ham, no Veltman and Milner who was dreadful. Webster was outstanding vs Wolves.

The common denominator (as well as Dunk) is Veltman.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
The problem is since Colwell left we havnt got a back up good enough. If he or Dunk was out we were down to one and could struggle at times and when neither play we dont have the necessary quality. Without any doubt the CH pair cost us tonight. For me another Colwell quality CH is absolutely essential. Showed tonight. In attack we've plenty of quality options.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
The problem is since Colwell left we havnt got a back up goid enough. If he or Dunk was out we were down to one and when neither play we dont have the necessary quality. For me another Colwell quality CH is absolutely essential. Showed tonight. In attack we've plenty of quality options

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The problem is since Colwell left we havnt got a back up good enough. If he or Dunk was out we were down to one and could struggle at times and when neither play we dont have the necessary quality. Without any doubt the CH pair cost us tonight. For me another Colwell quality CH is absolutely essential. Showed tonight. In attack we've plenty of quality options.
Nonsense. Webster played much more than colwill last season and was fine. He seems to have had one bad game and everyone has written him off.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For vast majority of games JPVH. For a first ever Euro game importantly with Dunk and Veltman missing and alongside a debutant known to be good on the ball……. Webster. Or Webster AND JPVH even if the other guy is good on the ball and should get lots of chances and minutes in a ‘standard game’. Or Webster and Veltman if fit!

P.S. Igor played ‘fine’.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
JPvH was awful tonight, like a few others, but he really struggled.

It doesn’t make him a bad player, just one that is still learning.

Webster would have been much better IMZo, either with JPvH or Julio, mainly because he communicates throughout, and defensively we looked in disarray.
more importantly, he can actually RUN - unlike 3/4 of that travesty of a defence we fielded last night.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I would have had Veltman, Webster van Hecke and Estupinan, I think Roberto cocked up, in a rare event.
But I think Igor played very well, especially for a debut. The only criticism I'd make of Igor would be not sensing danger for the 3rd goal and getting back to cover.
I agree 100% Veltman should have started.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But I think Igor played very well, especially for a debut. The only criticism I'd make of Igor would be not sensing danger for the 3rd goal and getting back to cover.
Seriously?

In general, his extreme lack of pace, is a big issue next to the lumbering JPVH- any ball over the top will have us on toast with these two playing together.

And specifically - the second goal is on him, dropping back early off the defensive line, and playing them all onside. The third goal he’s nowhere and gives up early, to point at others. And he could easily have seen red for the drag down, that saw him carded.

oh - and he missed a really simple headed chance in the first half

:shrug:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The 3rd was on Lamptey imo, he got caught in two minds and made a bad decision. If he hadn’t have been drawn to the man who flicked it on and instead tracked the runner he could probably have dealt with the situation.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seriously?

In general, his extreme lack of pace, is a big issue next to the lumbering JPVH- any ball over the top will have us on toast with these two playing together.

And specifically - the second goal is on him, dropping back early off the defensive line, and playing them all onside. The third goal he’s nowhere and gives up early, to point at others. And he could easily have seen red for the drag down, that saw him carded.

:shrug:
If we’re playing with such immobile centre backs we have to either play a lot deeper or make sure both full backs are flying machines, Milner simply isn’t. Estupinan was clearly under orders to stay back to account for Igor’s shocking lack of pace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would have had Veltman, Webster van Hecke and Estupinan, I think Roberto cocked up, in a rare event.
Agreed. He should also have taken off Fati and replaced him with a proper number 9 like Welbs far
Nonsense. Webster played much more than colwill last season and was fine. He seems to have had one bad game and everyone has written him off.
Peak Webster is every bit as good as Dunk. Different qualities for sure, but when he's playing well he looks international class.

The problem with Webster is that he ALWAYS plays two or three utterly crap matches on his way back from a spell out of the team. Eventually he settles down and we remember how good he is. Unfortunately, in that West Ham game he took his expected crap performance to a new previously unseen level. I wonder if RDZ trusts him to get his form back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here