Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think I'm alone in not being very happy as apparently there are a lot of empty blue seats on match day

There are always empty blue seats at the Amex in August (expect for perhaps the first season).

Let’s see how many there are at the Leicester game. I’ve got a feeling that there won’t be many at all.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
An exaggeration to say the least.

Don't see any problem with what the club have done other than they could have made it a bit cheaper. Seems bizarre to me that some think it's fair to give their season ticket to any Tom Dick or Harry when there are actual fans of the club wanting to get tickets, ie those that are signed up to Albion Plus!!

But you carry on.

Why is somebody an "Actual" fan if they are signed up to Albion plus? If the argument is that they are on the ST waiting list, anyone can buy one.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
How can 90% be vaccinated if not many under 18 are eligible ?

That figure sounds wrong.

This is from the BBC website;

So far, more than 48 million people have had a first vaccine dose - 89% of over-16s - and 43 million - 79% of over-16s - have had both doses.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

So far, more than 48 million people have had a first vaccine dose - 89% of over-16s - and 43 million - 79% of over-16s - have had both doses.
Ah. "Over 16s".

That is not the full population and should not be implied as such.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Which means that millions of adults have still not been vaccinated. There's your millions.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A train to london in the morning could be as well.

I would be more supportive of needing them everywhere, oddly.

Go full France, or go home.

Why ? If you needed them everywhere then you would also have to show them at the football. A glass half full reading would be that it is a bonus for you that there are some things you can do without masks, passports etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Except in wartime, this country has never had ID cars (or eqivalent Apps on Iphones or whatever. You could buy a ticket - on the gate or in advance - to go to the cinema, convcerts, football matches, whatever. If you were traveling abroad, you needed a passport; if you were driving, sometimes you were obliged to show your licence to the Police. Other than that, you bought a ticket and went in.
That is anathema to the likes of PB, who wants to know the names, addresses, phone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, bank details, card numbers, inside-leg measuement and god knows what else, about every person who dained to walk through his gates; they could then be (or would have to be) signed up to a membership before they were let in, signed up to paying a premium if you wanted to lend your ticket to a mate (an charge your mate too, and have all his detail on file). To maximise revenue at the expense of real fans - if Fred and Joe can't afford a seaon ticket and/or can't attend every match, they must each pay for 100% of the matches, even if they don't attend; clubbing up to buy a ticket between them? - no way! - well, OK, if you both supply every detail of your existence known to mankind and your immediate family, and pay us an extra charge for the privilege of having to have two life histories on file instead of one, and both of you pay extra..................... Covid (Covid passports, photo ID) has now provided the perfect excuse.
Sorry PB - one ticket, one seat, one season, all you need to know is it's been paid for - anything else is profiteering! ........ and stinks.
There have been various reasons over the years, many logistical due to my personal circumstances, but now because of the above, why some of us now only ever watch the Albion away. OK, there are places where I wouldn't expect to roll up and get in because they are sold out every week - Anfield, OT, St. James' Park for example - but otherwise, having never got to an Albion home match since the Goldstone, I've seen Albion away near me, on the day, without any of all that bolleaux.

If you haven’t been to a home game since the Goldstone then none of the measures you are talking about have actually been a factor in you not attending home games. Every single one of them has been brought in either upon opening the Amex or because of Covid. As regards ticket sharing it is a scheme for ST holders so doesn’t affect you anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Both are significantly higher this year than they were at the same time last year.

This time last year there were social restrictions. There are absolutely none now. That didn't stop deaths and hospitalisations absolutely soaring between October 2020 and Spring 2021.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So thats a no, you wont be asked to do it every day - if you drive like a prick v walking to a football ground.

Because its flawed and doesnt actually do anything?

Dont need it on train to ground, pub/eatary before the ground etc etc, if they really wanted it to be anything other than a token gesture it would be used for everything - work/public transport/supermarket etc etc

Anyway, they were a conspiracy theroy werent they?

The reason I bounced the thread was because the government have just said they will be needed for any large indoor event. Extending that to pubs and clubs is quite likely. In France you have to show a covid pass to get a coffee on a cafe terrace.

We're talking about a steward looking at your phone for five seconds once or twice a month, when that phone is tracking everything you do and trying to sell you stuff on the back of it, on a daily basis. I think you may have your priorities all wrong.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've already quoted you the evidence but it's being played out in front of your eyes. Vaccination has massively reduced hospitalisations and deaths. The numbers for this are in the Government figures and the comparator is that they were higher in unvaccinated lockdown.

Both are significantly higher this year than they were at the same time last year.

This time last year there were social restrictions. There are absolutely none now. That didn't stop deaths and hospitalisations absolutely soaring between October 2020 and Spring 2021.

So the vaccine has reduced the number of hospitalisations and deaths if we ignore the number of hospitalisations and deaths being higher this year than the last year. And the social restrictions last year a) kept the numbers down and b) didnt help to keep the numbers down. Clear as ice.

We'll see in October what happens. As it stands the virus just follow the pattern of last year, being pretty much absent in the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So the vaccine has reduced the number of hospitalisations and deaths if we ignore the number of hospitalisations and deaths being higher this year than the last year. And the social restrictions last year a) kept the numbers down and b) didnt help to keep the numbers down. Clear as ice.

We'll see in October what happens. As it stands the virus just follow the pattern of last year, being pretty much absent in the summer.

The number of deaths and hospitalisations relative to the number of infections has been massively reduced - broadly, infection numbers are at a level now similar to, say, December 2020 but at that points deaths were 500+ per day, not 100 or so per day we are seeing now.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There have been various reasons over the years, many logistical due to my personal circumstances, but now because of the above, why some of us now only ever watch the Albion away. OK, there are places where I wouldn't expect to roll up and get in because they are sold out every week - Anfield, OT, St. James' Park for example - but otherwise, having never got to an Albion home match since the Goldstone, I've seen Albion away near me, on the day, without any of all that bolleaux.

Wait, you haven't been able to go to a home game for 24 years, but this has really pushed you over the edge and you're definitely not going now? :mad:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is correct. It's deaths relative to cases that has reduced over the same time period.

Nevertheless, you are not comparing apples and apples because there were social controls last summer and are none now. The closest comparator is probably December 2020 when the government had allowed small crowds at football and relaxed social mixing rules over Christmas. Allowing for the two week lag the number of deaths on 6 Jan 2021 was 674. On 3 September 2021 it was 77.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’ve got no problem with the COVID pass but at the moment it’s a tick box exercise as they don’t always check the passes against ID due to staffing/organisational problems. That’s also putting a few as previously mentioned on this forum from attending as they don’t feel safe.

I have greater problem with the introduction of the sharing and costs associated with passing on a season ticket. It’s been sold on the back of COVID. That’s a misnomer as the COVID checks are not linked to the the entrance ticket. As long as the person entering the ground is doubled jabbed/ Tested negative it should not matter who enters the ground.
This is about creating extra revenue based on COVID fears, public health should be the main concern and credit should go to the club in making the effort even if they have failed so far to implement it but they have made a lot of fans angry about not being able to give a season ticket to mates on the odd occasion without incurring costs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is correct. It's deaths relative to cases that has reduced over the same time period.

Nevertheless, you are not comparing apples and apples because there were social controls last summer and are none now. The closest comparator is probably December 2020 when the government had allowed small crowds at football and relaxed social mixing rules over Christmas. Allowing for the two week lag the number of deaths on 6 Jan 2021 was 674. On 3 September 2021 it was 77.

Infection case numbers at those times were almost identical at around 37,000. The vaccine has (on that basis) reduced the death rate by over 80%, which accords with the published research.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve got no problem with the COVID pass but at the moment it’s a tick box exercise as they don’t always check the passes against ID due to staffing/organisational problems. That’s also putting a few as previously mentioned on this forum from attending as they don’t feel safe.

I have greater problem with the introduction of the sharing and costs associated with passing on a season ticket. It’s been sold on the back of COVID. That’s a misnomer as the COVID checks are not linked to the the entrance ticket. As long as the person entering the ground is doubled jabbed/ Tested negative it should not matter who enters the ground.
This is about creating extra revenue based on COVID fears, public health should be the main concern and credit should go to the club in making the effort even if they have failed so far to implement it but they have made a lot of fans angry about not being able to give a season ticket to mates on the odd occasion without incurring costs.

It’s not a tick-box exercise, they are sample checking - which should be a sufficient-enough control to ensure a high level of compliance. I guess a few might risk turning up without a pass or negative test but the vast majority won’t risk being turned away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why is somebody an "Actual" fan if they are signed up to Albion plus? If the argument is that they are on the ST waiting list, anyone can buy one.

Apologies, perhaps I should have said 'more of a' fan. No doubt there are some very ardent fans that can't actually afford to go anyway but in the main I was having a dig at those that are happy to sponge off a season ticket holder but won't dip into their own pocket. Having now heard that GT49er doesn't even go to home games his rant seems to fall under the category of 'Look at Me'!!!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Fairly obviously caused by the delta variant having an R , 2 to 3 times greater and possibly twice as likely to result in hospitalisations.

Without vaccines we'd be in truly deep s***

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here