Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Your phone transmits data on more than an hourly basis.

And if you drive like a prick you'll be asked for your licence every day.

At the Amex Community Stadium Brighton you will be asked for it about one or two times per month. Why is that an issue?

So thats a no, you wont be asked to do it every day - if you drive like a prick v walking to a football ground.

Because its flawed and doesnt actually do anything?

Dont need it on train to ground, pub/eatary before the ground etc etc, if they really wanted it to be anything other than a token gesture it would be used for everything - work/public transport/supermarket etc etc

Anyway, they were a conspiracy theroy werent they?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I’d rather attend the football knowing the vast majority (accepting a few selfish ****s will try to circumvent the system) there are double-jabbed or negative tested…….so quite happy the club are implementing procedures to make this happen. Moremor less a ‘safe place’ as fr as I am concerned

I’m largely avoiding places (avoiding nightclubs and churches hasn’t materially impacted my life choices) where the unvaxxed and ignorant are likely to be pressed up against me. I wear a mask in the shops.

I'm sorry you think people who disagree with you are selfish or ignorant

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Per the BMJ last month:despite these drops in efficacy—vaccines in use in the UK (Pfizer BioNtech, AstraZeneca, and Moderna) all reduce the risk of death by more than 85%, regardless of variant”.

Great news obviously.

But it’s not a guarantee of always beating Covid, for example with the many thousand of over 65’s who attend Amex games.

I can see why the Albion’s Board and now the government, wouldn’t want unvaccinated/untested/people not carrying antibodies mingling with the potentially vulnerable.

I 100 percent see why both would, my point is you either do it properly or you dont - this is just targetting certain groups.

Doing it for football and clubs wont do anything

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some people in the UK are being selective in protecting their civil liberties.

Accepting of a vast array of mandatory UK, airline and recipient country protocols on Covid, their Covid status revealed to all and sundry, to catch some rays or a city break.

Whilst up in arms the moment any entity mentions lesser but similar rules/laws for mass attendance events within the UK.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry you think people who disagree with you are selfish or ignorant

I see them every day…….pushing past in Tesco or other shops with no mask or social distancing, making no effort to distance on pavements etc even when there is acres of room. Selfish and ignorant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I 100 percent see why both would, my point is you either do it properly or you dont - this is just targetting certain groups.

Doing it for football and clubs wont do anything

We know that the Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Atletico Madrid, Atalanta v Valencia were all super-spreader events.

So I can see why mass events are targeted here and in a large number of other nations.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Some people in the UK are being selective protecting their civil liberties.

Accepting of a vast array of mandatory UK, airline and recipient country protocols on Covid, their Covid status revealed to all and sundry, to catch some rays or a city break.

Whilst up in arms the moment any entity mentions lesser but similar rules/laws for mass attendance events within the UK.

.. ok thats fine. I think it's worthy of a debate.

I disagree with showing my medical status, but I'm cool with you being in favour.

I just object to the state or club getting involved, as I've said I'm a natural liberaterian.

I'm not thick or selfish which I'm constantly being accused of, but just weary of the way the country is heading in my opinion

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We know that the Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Atletico Madrid, Atalanta v Valencia were all super-spreader events.

So I can see why mass events are targeted here and in a large number of other nations.

A train to london in the morning could be as well.

I would be more supportive of needing them everywhere, oddly.

Go full France, or go home.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
.. ok thats fine. I think it's worthy of a debate.

I disagree with showing my medical status, but I'm cool with you being in favour.

I just object to the state or club getting involved, as I've said I'm a natural liberaterian.

I'm not thick or selfish which I'm constantly being accused of, but just weary of the way the country is heading in my opinion

I know it goes against the overall NSC theme over the last 10 years, but imo we’re not heading to an Orwellian state.

All these new laws/guidelines over the last 18 months have been a necessary evil.

I hope we reach a stage in the not too distant future, if and when all new variants are under control globally, when every single one is repealed.

Not least because it’s a bore having to remember more than the age old list of money/keys/sunglasses.

To turn up at the Amex with just your ST, airports without a large dossier of covid paperwork.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some people in the UK are being selective protecting their civil liberties.

Except in wartime, this country has never had ID cars (or eqivalent Apps on Iphones or whatever. You could buy a ticket - on the gate or in advance - to go to the cinema, convcerts, football matches, whatever. If you were traveling abroad, you needed a passport; if you were driving, sometimes you were obliged to show your licence to the Police. Other than that, you bought a ticket and went in.
That is anathema to the likes of PB, who wants to know the names, addresses, phone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, bank details, card numbers, inside-leg measuement and god knows what else, about every person who dained to walk through his gates; they could then be (or would have to be) signed up to a membership before they were let in, signed up to paying a premium if you wanted to lend your ticket to a mate (an charge your mate too, and have all his detail on file). To maximise revenue at the expense of real fans - if Fred and Joe can't afford a seaon ticket and/or can't attend every match, they must each pay for 100% of the matches, even if they don't attend; clubbing up to buy a ticket between them? - no way! - well, OK, if you both supply every detail of your existence known to mankind and your immediate family, and pay us an extra charge for the privilege of having to have two life histories on file instead of one, and both of you pay extra..................... Covid (Covid passports, photo ID) has now provided the perfect excuse.
Sorry PB - one ticket, one seat, one season, all you need to know is it's been paid for - anything else is profiteering! ........ and stinks.
There have been various reasons over the years, many logistical due to my personal circumstances, but now because of the above, why some of us now only ever watch the Albion away. OK, there are places where I wouldn't expect to roll up and get in because they are sold out every week - Anfield, OT, St. James' Park for example - but otherwise, having never got to an Albion home match since the Goldstone, I've seen Albion away near me, on the day, without any of all that bolleaux.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Except in wartime, this country has never had ID cars (or eqivalent Apps on Iphones or whatever. You could buy a ticket - on the gate or in advance - to go to the cinema, convcerts, football matches, whatever. If you were traveling abroad, you needed a passport; if you were driving, sometimes you were obliged to show your licence to the Police. Other than that, you bought a ticket and went in.
That is anathema to the likes of PB, who wants to know the names, addresses, phone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, bank details, card numbers, inside-leg measuement and god knows what else, about every person who dained to walk through his gates; they could then be (or would have to be) signed up to a membership before they were let in, signed up to paying a premium if you wanted to lend your ticket to a mate (an charge your mate too, and have all his detail on file). To maximise revenue at the expense of real fans - if Fred and Joe can't afford a seaon ticket and/or can't attend every match, they must each pay for 100% of the matches, even if they don't attend; clubbing up to buy a ticket between them? - no way! - well, OK, if you both supply every detail of your existence known to mankind and your immediate family, and pay us an extra charge for the privilege of having to have two life histories on file instead of one, and both of you pay extra..................... Covid (Covid passports, photo ID) has now provided the perfect excuse.
Sorry PB - one ticket, one seat, one season, all you need to know is it's been paid for - anything else is profiteering! ........ and stinks.
There have been various reasons over the years, many logistical due to my personal circumstances, but now because of the above, why some of us now only ever watch the Albion away. OK, there are places where I wouldn't expect to roll up and get in because they are sold out every week - Anfield, OT, St. James' Park for example - but otherwise, having never got to an Albion home match since the Goldstone, I've seen Albion away near me, on the day, without any of all that bolleaux.

Bit of a rant just because you can't share a season ticket.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit of a rant just because you can't share a season ticket.

Bit of a rant? Yes.

Because people (not me) want to share a season ticket - my sympathies are entirely with them, not with the club wanting them to pay extra, and fill in every form containing everypersonal detail under the sun. Read it again - in full? Or just go TL.DR and move along - I couldn't give a monkey's either way.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bit of a rant? Yes.

Because people (not me) want to share a season ticket - my sympathies are entirely with them, not with the club wanting them to pay extra, and fill in every form containing everypersonal detail under the sun. Read it again - in full? Or just go TL.DR and move along - I couldn't give a monkey's either way.

An exaggeration to say the least.

Don't see any problem with what the club have done other than they could have made it a bit cheaper. Seems bizarre to me that some think it's fair to give their season ticket to any Tom Dick or Harry when there are actual fans of the club wanting to get tickets, ie those that are signed up to Albion Plus!!

But you carry on.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

These are two separate things. If the government starts mandating COVID passports in public places then I think there is room for debate. BHAFC however are a privately owned company, with the AMEX being technically private property. The same goes for shops and supermarkets too. If the owner asks you to abide by certain rules if you wish to gain entry, then that's that as far as I'm concerned. If you invited me into your house but told me I had to take my shoes off would I piss and moan about my rights to wear shoes wherever I want? No, I'd politely take them off because it's your house and your rules.

You say you're a libertarian yet you're objecting to the club having the freedom to set their own rules regarding COVID safety.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I've been taking a keen interest in these threads, because I will be one of those affected by the introduction of Covid passports. Since I was a child, I have suffered from extreme trypanophobia (morbid fear of needles), to the extent that I avoided my BCG at school, have avoided visiting the dentist if needles are involved, walked out of surgeries where blood tests were required (even though I suffered a heart attack, a few years ago), hell, I cannot even watch injections being given to someone on TV or films.
The phobia is real, and I'm fully aware that they don't 'hurt' - it's that I cannot handle someone approaching me with a needle - just the thought of it is, well....I just can't.
I have tried many therapies, happy pills, being drunk, being stoned, etc. over the years, but to no avail.
All that said, as much as it's going to exclude me from many things in the near future, and I don't like that it will, I fully accept that that's the way it is, until such times as the ongoing trials with a nasal spray/pill form of the vaccine is available to me and others that have the same problem.
I am very much pro-vaccine, to be clear, I simply have an issue with the way it is administered.
There are so many gigs I have lined-up, which were postponed from last year, and it seems likely that I will be unable to attend most (if not all) of them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've already quoted you the evidence but it's being played out in front of your eyes. Vaccination has massively reduced hospitalisations and deaths. The numbers for this are in the Government figures and the comparator is that they were higher in unvaccinated lockdown.

Both are significantly higher this year than they were at the same time last year.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
You say you're a libertarian yet you're objecting to the club having the freedom to set their own rules regarding COVID safety.[/QUOTE]

I am a libertarian (although I prefer the term classic liberal or libertine as I also want a with a progressive society and social justice) and I'm not in any way disputing the fact that the club can be run however the owners want.
That is why I'm not going at the moment and requested my season ticket money to be refunded at the start of the season.

The club refused. I thought they had changed the terms and conditions. They said they were able to change terms and conditions because of the pandemic.
Fair enough it's in the small print. This is not in dispute.

I don't agree with how the club happens to be run at the moment, especially not being able to pass my season ticket on if I'm not going, but I totally accept the club can do what it wants.

I don't think I'm alone in not being very happy as apparently there are a lot of empty blue seats on match day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As I have said to you before, leave this to people who actually go to games. You haven’t seen a home game in almost 25 years; no one cares what you think.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Anti vaxxers? This old nonsense. How many of these people are anti-vax?

The vaccine was for the vulnerable. We are the most vaccinated country in the world.

90% are vaccinated. If they work you have nothing to be worried about.
How can 90% be vaccinated if not many under 18 are eligible ?

That figure sounds wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here