Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Upset about the Trains

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
From the North, N1D, I usually get home to Peterborough between 1am and 3am depending on what train out of London I get. If I make the 2330 fast service I'm home by midnight. Else its the 0035 which gets in around 2. If there are delays its the 0135 last train home at 0312.

The west coast way beyond chi has a fairly early shut down though compared to the mainline.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hawk the Seagull can you comment or give some explanation for that. We finished up rather than wait 25 mins going to the pub and jumping on a no 7 bus and was at Brighton station before the next train was due to leave Hove at 1855.

TOCs get fined for every MINUTE a train is delayed. Also delays can then knock-on and build up. Holding that service may in turn delay another service - cant say really as I dont know exact times. There is also the case that the Hove service may have already been near-full with fans already, meaning it would be pointless holding it.

Whilst were on the topic of transport, I use Race Hill P&R and it has been working brilliantly lately. Leave at FT and have been making it onto a bus after about a 10 minute queue, there has been more buses waiting there recently at FT too, when I arrived 5 were there !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TOCs get fined for every MINUTE a train is delayed. Also delays can then knock-on and build up. Holding that service may in turn delay another service - cant say really as I dont know exact times. There is also the case that the Hove service may have already been near-full with fans already, meaning it would be pointless holding it.

Whilst were on the topic of transport, I use Race Hill P&R and it has been working brilliantly lately. Leave at FT and have been making it onto a bus after about a 10 minute queue, there has been more buses waiting there recently at FT too, when I arrived 5 were there !!

According to the lady at Hove she was astounded as it left with about 3 people on it leaving a hundred or so on Hove station, who would have tried getting on the train at 1855 which would have been crowded as it was a stopper at every station and halt on route.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is complete and utter bullshit. I use the same station as you (Southwick). For evening games I catch the 19:05 train, then after standing for approximately 5 minutes at Brighton station I board the Falmer connection, I have NEVER missed kick off.

You're just sulking because you couldn't get the stadium built in your own back yard.

And that's the elephant nicely removed from the room.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
From the North, N1D, I usually get home to Peterborough between 1am and 3am depending on what train out of London I get. If I make the 2330 fast service I'm home by midnight. Else its the 0035 which gets in around 2. If there are delays its the 0135 last train home at 0312.

The west coast way beyond chi has a fairly early shut down though compared to the mainline.

Your slow lol. I have caught the 23.01 from kings cross many times! Not last night ended up being the 00.35. I sit Q278 near you lol

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The train service last night was rubbish.

That's a fact.

Thought it is was fine. FACT.

rafa_benitez_chelsea-360x240.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only problem last night was the 6.02 from West Worthing was held up going into Hove station where we should have had a 4 minute wait for the connection to Brighton but as we pulled in the connection pulled out.
Coukd they not have held it up to allow passengers to join it. The lady on the platform said it often happens when the train from Brighton to Hove to meet the connecting train from Victoria to Littlehampton often pulls in as tge Littlehampton train is pulling out. With technology and communication as it is they know exactly where a train is so why can they not delay one for 2 mins so the connection can be made.

That was our problem, caught the 7 bus to Brighton Station.

I have have to say fecking stupid to see your train arrive at Hove as the shuttle pulled out and then the next train to Brighton is 18:51 3 car known rammed train - *******os Southern Railway and that stupid woman at Hove

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If I had my way, that c*nt wouldn't be allowed within 100 foot of the stadium he fought against. Absolute scumbag, happy to push our club closer to the grave so he could inflate his own ego and so he wouldn't have as far to travel to home games. Grade A* Bellend.

:tosser:

Not true. I was never opposed to Falmer. Just thought that Pende would have an easier option in the first place as there would be no grounds for objection, as was proved with the Training Ground.

As it turned out I think Falmer was the better choice.

The trains are just bad nowadays. I put that down to privatisation.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Not true. I was never opposed to Falmer. Just thought that Pende would have an easier option in the first place as there would be no grounds for objection, as was proved with the Training Ground.

As it turned out I think Falmer was the better choice.

The trains are just bad nowadays. I put that down to privatisation.

I've just read the thread on about it, and I've came to the conclusion that you're a complete prick and could have quite easily had a hand in killing our club if things had gone differently.

You're an egotistical prick, and the fact you go to games at all makes my piss boil. Please don't reply to me again. C*NT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here