Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Crofts Ruled Out for the Rest of the Season

Jimmy Grimble

Brilliant today, should have been motm. He is the perfect central midfielder for Oscar's style of play; he is constantly active in all areas of the pitch, is solid in all aspects of his game and has the capability to score or assist when it matters.

Him getting injured is the equivalent to Bridcutt getting injured under Poyet last year, because he is pivotal to our system.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm very worried about the lack of goals in our side now. Our top goalscorers are on 6 - Ulloa, Barnes and Crofts. Looks like we've lost two of those this week.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gutted about this,been fantastic all season and was yesterday.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm very worried about the lack of goals in our side now. Our top goalscorers are on 6 - Ulloa, Barnes and Crofts. Looks like we've lost two of those this week.

In my opinion Crofts is going to be the harder player to replace if he's out for the season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brilliant today. Has been all year and my player of season so far.
Hoping something minor but fear from way he went down and way he reacted it could be a bad one.

Totally agree. But Oscar didn't sound hopeful on the radio last night. If he is injured seriously, will take a lot of replacing. No natural alternative in the squad really. Agustein, Orlandi, Dave all too attacking to sit in there; nice lacks the experience and hasn't shown much going forward yet; Andrews could play the role but who drops back in front of the back four (nice?). Bird cut looks more needed than ever if crofts really is bad.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Looked like ACL to me - awful to recover from (worse than breaking your leg). I've had it happen to me and my knee still isn't right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looked like ACL to me - awful to recover from (worse than breaking your leg). I've had it happen to me and my knee still isn't right.

Bet you haven't had the same level of rehab though. He'll (hopefully) come back stronger, but terrible injury. Hope yours improves.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Bet you haven't had the same level of rehab though. He'll (hopefully) come back stronger, but terrible injury. Hope yours improves.

Exactly, he'll have dedicated physios etc... The NHS care isn't bad but his care will be top notch. Mine was over 4 years ago and I haven't got back to football so not much hope for me!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Gutted for Crofts. You could see from his reaction at the time that it was serious. Will be a massive loss.

After a poor first season back, he's been great this season and yesterday was almost his best performance. Thought he was everywhere and would have given him the man of the match.

Having been reasonably relaxed about Bridcutt leaving, I'm now concerned it will leave us short in the middle of the park so we either need to keep him or bring another midfielder in.

Still clinging to hope it is not as bad as it looked but fear the worst.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[SUB][/SUB]The way he punched the ground in frustration it seems certain he thinks it is season ending.
Very hard to replace but just maybe this injury will force Oscar to go two up front.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gutted for Crofts. You could see from his reaction at the time that it was serious. Will be a massive loss.

After a poor first season back, he's been great this season and yesterday was almost his best performance. Thought he was everywhere and would have given him the man of the match.

Having been reasonably relaxed about Bridcutt leaving, I'm now concerned it will leave us short in the middle of the park so we either need to keep him or bring another midfielder in.

Still clinging to hope it is not as bad as it looked but fear the worst.

This. I think our hopes are forlorn though...... So disappointed for him, must be up there are Player of the Season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This. I think our hopes are forlorn though...... So disappointed for him, must be up there are Player of the Season.

I agree they are forlorn. I fear it's season ending but until confirmed, there's a bit of hope. We've had no luck with injuries this season.

In all honesty, given the injuries we've had and what happened in the summer, I think it is a miracle that Oscar has taken us to 6th in the league at this stage. He's done a fantastic job.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He went down directly in line with me and the moment he went down I thought that it looked like a cruciate problem. It looked like his foot was stuck in the turf as he turned, instant reaction from Crofts was clear. Unfortunate for him and the club-he will be much more difficult to replace than Bridcutt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looked serious to me. Nightmare for him and us if it is. He has definitely been one of our best players this season. Fingers-crossed it's not as bad as it looked.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 2m
Andrew Crofts underwent MRI scan last night, further details expected later this morning. We will bring you news shortly. #BHAFC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Out for season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here