Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Crofts Ruled Out for the Rest of the Season

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree he's been great but I'm not sure he's been under rated. If you look at the reaction on here and the number of people saying he was player of the season so far, I think a lot of people realise how good he's been.

I think he has been underrated at the time. He has put in some strong performances and gotten a lot of low marks on the match day ratings thread, I think people have started to realise more recently that he has been performing better than had been acknowledged, and now they understand more what a loss he is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
UNBELIEVABLE. He missed a chance after running his arse off for 95 minutes and because of this alone is now not fit to fill Crofts shoes. Some of our fans are hilarious.
The game is about scoring goals. He ran about as you say for 95 mins without achieving much by the standards he has set in recent games, as he was not as good yesterday. When the chance to score, as most including Crofts would have, he failed with a chance that was easier to score than miss, hence my view that he would not be able to fill Crofts shoes, quite simple really.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think he has been underrated at the time. He has put in some strong performances and gotten a lot of low marks on the match day ratings thread, I think people have started to realise more recently that he has been performing better than had been acknowledged, and now they understand more what a loss he is.

Fair enough. I've seen a lot of praise but maybe not on the player ratings thread.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The game is about scoring goals. He ran about as you say for 95 mins without achieving much by the standards he has set in recent games, as he was not as good yesterday. When the chance to score, as most including Crofts would have he failed with a chance that was easier to score than miss, hence my view thst he would not be able to fill Crofts shoes quite simple really.

Crofts missed a sitter before Lopez banged in the winner. Where does this leave Crofts in your pecking order of rubbishness?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crofts 'sitter' was a shot from distance, Ince had the whole goal to aim at but chose to go around the keeper and failed. I am not knocking Ince just pointing out that he could not replaced. a goal scoring midfielder.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Crofts 'sitter' was a shot from distance, Ince had the whole goal to aim at but chose to go around the keeper and failed. I am not knocking Ince just pointing out that he could not replaced. a goal scoring midfielder.

I think he's referring to the chance that came to him quickly in the box when Lopez cut the ball back rather than the shot from outside the box later.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Andrew Crofts has been ruled out for the season

Blimey how many more FFS.

Absolutely dreadful news, but not especially unexpected - considering the distressed state he was in after he went down. It's obvious to anybody who has a modicum of sense &/or goes to see The Albion regularly that we'll really miss him, but here's hoping Oscar & Co manage to conjur up a solution to the hole he will leave.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Judging by the cock up Ince made with the goal chance at the end it doesnt appear that he will be able to fill Crofts shoes.

Did you get on the sauce:drink:early doors today? :moo:

Terrible news for Crofts and the Albion--hopefully get someone in or squad players STEP UP:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For those ridiculing the suggestion of swap for Sidwell I would point out that he is their top scorer by default of the strikers only having scored 4 and was 31 last December so I would suggest a swap would be Sidwell plus cash for Bridcutt, wages would possibly be a problem

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He didn't miss the chance, the keeper made a good save.
The keeper should never have been given the chance to make the save, had the ball fallen to Obika or virtually any player they would have just planted it in the net, not tried to go around him. As I have said this is not knocking` Ince but he will NOT replace Crofts as our goal scoring midfielder and Bridcutt as DM as dome have suggested in the past,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here