Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Gutted, really loved watching AEA develop under Poyet, can't believe he became a ball playing center back! Will miss you Adam!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In one way I'm gutted that El Abd's gone. He has been a great servant to the club and always gave his all. To become such an important part of the team under Poyet having been seen as a liability by many shows how much he came on.

However, I think it is probably time for him to leave. He needs first team football and we need to be pushing for top 6. Sadly, despite improving a lot in recent years, he is not quite up to a top 6 Championship side.

Good luck to him at Bristol City. I'm sure he'll be a great signing for them.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I can only think the club have someone lined up to come in.

We have now let four home grown central defenders go now Hall, Elphick, Cook and now ElAbd and as you say keep two near retirement.

Not a bad defensive four that but sadly we couldn't guarantee any of them first team football, I guess it shows how we've moved on and at least the players will have games to look forward to rather than splinters on the bench.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Great servant to the club. I wish him all the best.

Agreed, he's not the future here but can be an integral part of Bristol City trying to get back to the Championship.

Good luck to him, hope he becomes a big fan favourite over there

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Shame to see him go - not many clubs get 20 or so years service from a player.

I could see why he wants to leave though; if he's not guaranteed football with the strength of Greer & Upson and Dunk back in the fold. Plus i would question whether we would keep him if we made it to the PL.

Good luck Adam, you're still a legend to us.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wouldn't mind betting it's not the last the Championship has seen of Adam El Abd, He'll be back and good luck to him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can only think the club have someone lined up to come in.

We have now let four home grown central defenders go now Hall, Elphick, Cook and now ElAbd and as you say keep two near retirement.

Oscar has said previously that our back four are too slow and he is looking for a quick central defender. This has been on going for some time as we tried to buy the chap who went to Celtic Van Dyjk (sp) not the same manager but the same recruitmrnt manager David Burke. Good luck to Adam he has served us well but we are gradually getting PLR. Perhaps some truth in the rumour about a Spaniard vomingin fromTel A Viv

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very best of luck El Bad, remember his debut at the JPT game at QPR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here