at home
BeHxMI0CcAADcwz.jpg

:nono:

Oh bollocks!

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
What sort of money are we paying these guys when Burnley and now Bristol City can attract our players away from our club with better deals?

I don't think it will be weekly wage alone that swung these deals, I suspect contract length is a big factor.
Wasn't contract length part of the problem in the Murray debacle, or is my memory playing tricks?

Good luck to AEA, he never let the team, the club or himself down, a top pro ... but he deserves to play regular first team football, and i really don't think he is first choice material in a team with serious ambitions to chase Premier league status.

I would now seriously back Brizzle to get out of trouble this season if AEA is their team captain, and maybe even push for promotion next year?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very sad to see that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Adam El-Abd on joining Bristol City

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Do you think we tried hard to keep either of them? Were we prepared to offer 3.5 years to either of them with our Prem ambitions?

Hold on, Adam only signed a contract in the summer to stop him going to Barnsley and must have increased his wages then, so therefore we did not have to even let them speak to him. But having done so City must have offered more than we pay him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck Adam, sad to see him go.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
3.5 year deal probably equal to the remaining part of his contract with us. Be interested what the fee was. I would say several hundred thousand.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bad day for the Albion but onwards and upwards. Reasons that we may never know behind this deal. Wish you well Adam and thanks for everything.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
More Brizzle fans at the play-off final ? it was only a 30 minute jaunt for them ..... Now watch either Greer or Upson get a season long injury it's in the stars

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hold on, Adam only signed a contract in the summer to stop him going to Barnsley and must have increased his wages then, so therefore we did not have to even let them speak to him. But having done so City must have offered more than we pay him.

I don't believe that for a second. He knows Bristol, they're a good club, he's desperate to play and he knows his time is up. It's got f-all to do with money.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Devastated, two of my favourite players gone in one window :( Good luck Adam and thanks for the memories.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Damn. Another one bites the bleedin' dust. :down:

I can't really blame Adam for going to Brizzle if he gets regular first team football, but it's sad to see him leave us after all this time. He always gave his all when he pulled on the blue & white stripes: and indeed showed a marked improvement in his all round game since his first season with us. Thanks for everything Adam. I hope you go on to achieve even more personal & professional success at your new club.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports