Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hold on, Adam only signed a contract in the summer to stop him going to Barnsley and must have increased his wages then, so therefore we did not have to even let them speak to him. But having done so City must have offered more than we pay him.

Or 3.5 years versus 'not sure' duration, but definitely less. Do you seriously think we pay less than BC? Seriously!?

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Tony Bloom wrote a lovely bit on the Albion site about Adam, I some how think it might not be the last we see of him and could be back as a coach in a few years, good Luck Adam Albion through and through

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Swapping the 1.5 years he has here for 3.5 at Bristol and regular football is an amazing opportunity for him.

Thanks for everything, and good luck Adam.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So you honestly believe he uproots his family all for less money?

He may have family contacts down in this neck of the woods, don't forget his brother played rugby for Bristol for many years.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why can't people on here believe that a player might go somewhere else for something other than a higher weekly wage? A significantly longer contract at his age is far more valuable than an extra £500 a week

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I didn't say less money. They're probably paying similar but a promise of first team football and a bonus if they stay up.
He's 29, he needs to play. I've no idea why you're turning on the club. Did you see the interview?

I am not turning on the club, but if he financially improves himself then good luck to him. I am surprised put it that way, that clubs like City can even offer enough to temp players like Adam away.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or 3.5 years versus 'not sure' duration, but definitely less. Do you seriously think we pay less than BC? Seriously!?

He's been reasonably happy to be a squad player for the last couple of years, not whining about not being first choice, but has gone, losing out on his testimonial.
Maybe the club told him he wasn't getting a testimonial (pure guesswork there)?

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
It's a sad day but a reflection of the modern game and sadly the direction the club is going in.

Lost AEA a club stalwart with 300 appearances under his belt and invite a journeyman striker to make us his 8th club in 9 years (or something close).

Wish Adam every success with his future club, hope he keeps them up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's a sad day but a reflection of the modern game and sadly the direction the club is going in.

Lost AEA a club stalwart with 300 appearances under his belt and invite a journeyman striker to make us his 8th club in 9 years (or something close).

Wish Adam every success with his future club, hope he keeps them up.

Why "sadly the direction the club is going in." We have two better centre halves. We would not expect AEA to be played ahead of one or other of them for sentimental reasons just to try and keep him at the club?

It is presumably his choice to move. He probably has some sadness about it, and I have no doubt many of the fans and people at the club will, including the Chairman. But that is life.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is the team on his debut

It really seems like the end of an era

Ben Roberts

AEA
Kerry Mayo
Guy Butters
Danny Cullip