Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be a decent move for him though. As long as they don't get relegated. Potentially a big club, if he gets to be captain as suggested they obviously have high hopes for him. It's a nice place to live and I'm sure the money must be worth it to tempt him to up sticks and drop a level. Maybe Cotterill thinks he can build a team round him.

Good luck to the guy. Been an unexpectedly good servant to this club but I'd hate to see him waste away in the stiffs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surprised Bournemouth weren't interested in him really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But why would you sell Adam??!

I'm not convinced the club wanted to sell him, but he definitely wanted to go. A mate who knows his agent told me last week. Be aware that Calde has the same agent and feels the same way.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 59s
Adam El-Abd has left #BHAFC to join Bristol City for an undisclosed fee, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Robins.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Good real for both parties. Probably on a decent wage here and is no more than a bench warmer, hopefully this will encourage dunk to pull his finger out. For Adam, a 3.5 year contract at a decent club whom I am fairly certain, will be back in the Championship during that contract.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
BeHxMI0CcAADcwz.jpg

:nono:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Good luck Adam, thanks for the memories and the 110% commitment you showed whenever you put in the stripes...

Got to say I'm surprised at the decision to join lowly Bristol City but I also understand the desire to want to play regular first team football at the age of 29 and with an outside chance of featuring for your country who can blame you.

Now for the harsh reality.... Personally I'm relieved, as passionate as he is and as much as he would run through a brick wall for the club, I'm always on tenterhooks whenever he's on the pitch, he's a liability at times and in my opinion, a decent league one defender but out of his depth in the championship against quality clever forwards, Greer and Upson are without question our first choice centre halves and moving forward we need to bring in a new central defender to provide competition rather than cover for that position, hopefully this allows us the opportunity to do that.

As passionate and loyal as Barnes and El Abd were, I just sense we are going through a transition period where we are looking to bring in players that can genuinely take us forward, part if that process is clearing the way for that to happen by moving on those the club don't see as part of our plans long term.

I sense Calderon could be the next one to go, no doubt it will cause uproar on here, but for me it's possibly the final part of the clubs 'transition' in terms of players departing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
INIGO CALDERON ‏@I_CALDERON_14 2m
Bad day for BHAFC, I'll miss him. easily 1 of the best I've ever met, all the best for him, because he deserves it, proud of know @aelabd6

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What sort of money are we paying these guys when Burnley and now Bristol City can attract our players away from our club with better deals?

Do you think we tried hard to keep either of them? Were we prepared to offer 3.5 years to either of them with our Prem ambitions?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm not convinced the club wanted to sell him, but he definitely wanted to go.

That's exactly what the article on the club website implies. He wanted to play more or less every game, but the club despite wanting to keep him, couldn't guarantee him that.
Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's exactly what the article on the club website implies. He wanted to play more or less every game, but the club despite wanting to keep him, couldn't guarantee him that.
Makes perfect sense, and I suspect that AEA's wish for more gametime is not unrelated to his desire to play in Egypt's World Cup team.

What world cup are Egypt going to ?

The statement makes it perfectly clear why he has been sold.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bad, bad decision. Lets hope Greer and Upson stay fit. Dunk is ok, but he's too similar to Greer and Upson and effectively we lack the grit and toughness against the more physical teams.

Greer is weak at 50/50 tackles, Dunk has gone right off the boil since his debut, may be a confidence thing I guess. Really disappointed, but realistically he was always going to be a reserve.

Good luck Adam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here