Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Absolutely gutted...
His daughter goes to the same school as my son. My mrs often chats to Adam and his girlfriend.
Really nice guy... My son loves wearing his Ralph Lauren tshirt because he's seen Adam in one. He's my boys hero.
To top it all off, Adam and his girlfriend bumped into my wife n son, whilst queuing for a ride at Chessington world of adventures.
My wife spoke with Adams girlfriend, whilst Adam took roller coaster advice from my 7 year old. Made his day.
Will miss you Adam.
Testimonial for definite, go on Tony/Paul/Oscar, sort it!!!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some tweets suggesting Barnes and El-Abd were not liked by Jones, also that Jones and Burke are behind the changes, not Oscar.
Don't know if I believe that. Anyone know any more?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Adam El-Abd's long association with Albion has ended with a permanent move to Bristol City.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A number of reasons, mainly being we have someone else lined up who could cope with the permiership. Also, El Abd probably wants first team football as he's 29. 3.5 years is a great deal for him, he deserves it.

In the space of a week we've lost Crofts, Barnes, Abd and potentially Bridcutt the players with the most bite and determination in our team. You need fighters!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
In the space of a week we've lost Crofts, Barnes, Abd and potentially Bridcutt the players with the most bite and determination in our team. You need fighters!!

El Abd was being used as a last resort to tighten up defence.
Crofts, well, we couldn't do anything about that. Kemy will have to man up.
Barnes, see Grabbon.
Bridcutt, see Ince and Andrews (hopefully).

Lets not start shittin the bed just yet.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Well, much as they'll be missed Barnes and El Abd are nowhere near premier league quality, Crofts injury is a major blow but hardly the club's fault and Bridcutt hasn't been missed much yet this season and the club are clearly doing their best to hang on to him. Wait until the transfer window is over before you judge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gutted. I saw his first game for the Albion in 2003 and thought he would be one of those players that was here forever.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Shame to see someone who clearly cares leave but in all honesty I find myself on tenterhooks whenever he plays, don't rate him as better than others at the club and usually a yellow card waiting to happen.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very sad to see him go. A fantastic servant to the club and one of my favourite players over the last decade. However he does deserve regular first team football and a secure contract and I'm pleased he's got both.

All the best Adam, you have been an absolute rock for this club, you will be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here