Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well Tony will surely get the highest price after Gus boasting what a bargain he got with Bridcutt.

I expect this to run and run until transfer deadline day, and only happen if Sunderland pay a top fee.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well Tony will surely get the highest price after Gus boasting what a bargain he got with Bridcutt.

I expect this to run and run until transfer deadline day, and only happen if Sunderland pay a top fee.

which will thankfully for the club not give them enough time to replace him and the chance to squirrel some more money away

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I seem to remember Poyet saying he wanted to have two players for every position. Now we haven't even got one for some! Like others on this thread, I have absolutely no confidence that any profit made from the sale of Buckley would be spent on players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I imagine we can hold out until the last minute to get the best fee, it's unlikely we'll be re investing the funds so no hurry for TB.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
will Gus be prepared to pay 10 million?......cos that's what he said he was worth when he was our manager

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Ok - time for a rant.

Having renewed my season ticket at an inflated level this year (even though I won't be able to attend a lot of the games) I am totally fed up. Food and drink at the ground have gone up. We have had to listen to Barber bang on about FFP whilst every other club in the division seems to be ignoring it. We have sold our star centre forward without seemingly have a clue who to buy to replace him. We are unable to sign arguably our best player from last season on a permanent deal even though his parent club are seemingly happy to sell him. We are seemingly unable to negotiate to buy any player without being outbid by the competition. We are constantly told Burke is "working hard behind the scenes" but there is no end result. Whilst I accept was Bozza says above, its all a bit late for those of us who have already recommitted for another season - our money has gone.

Given there is now only two and bit weeks left before the window shuts, I can't see us buying exactly what we are looking for as replacements even if we wanted to. The good players in demand are already established in terms of where they want to be (Ulloa for example) and we are now reduced to scratching round for bargain basement replacements. Even if you aren't a fan of Buckley, it has to be recognised he will need replacing. This smacks a bit of Man U last season when Moyes and Woodward were running round like headless chickens at the end and only finished overpaying for Fellaini.

If the club were honest in terms of wanting keep some cash and run under a reduced budget, I could understand, but all we get is flannel and I don't like being taken for a mug. Barber didn't hang around much when he put all the prices up this season - that one was well planned ahead.

I will keep supporting the Albion, of course I will, but just maybe they will be a couple more season ticket holders down next season. I know I'll get flack from the remember where we were and keep the faith brigade but we have moved on from those days and really should be aiming higher. If TB gets promotion, the club will be worth a lot more than it is now.

Rant over from a disgruntled fan.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If he were to go they had better have a few pretty special players coming in. This is becoming farcical and I have no confidence they actually know what they are doing, assuming of course they want to put together a winning team/squad.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I STILL have faith the B, B and B will deliver on their promise

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Ok - time for a rant.

Having renewed my season ticket at an inflated level this year (even though I won't be able to attend a lot of the games) I am totally fed up. Food and drink at the ground have gone up. We have had to listen to Barber bang on about FFP whilst every other club in the division seems to be ignoring it. We have sold our star centre forward without seemingly have a clue who to buy to replace him. We are unable to sign arguably our best player from last season on a permanent deal even though his parent club are seemingly happy to sell him. We are seemingly unable to negotiate to buy any player without being outbid by the competition. We are constantly told Burke is "working hard behind the scenes" but there is no end result. Whilst I accept was Bozza says above, its all a bit late for those of us who have already recommitted for another season - our money has gone.

Given there is now only two and bit weeks left before the window shuts, I can't see us buying exactly what we are looking for as replacements even if we wanted to. The good players in demand are already established in terms of where they want to be (Ulloa for example) and we are now reduced to scratching round for bargain basement replacements. Even if you aren't a fan of Buckley, it has to be recognised he will need replacing. This smacks a bit of Man U last season when Moyes and Woodward were running round like headless chickens at the end and only finished overpaying for Fellaini.

If the club were honest in terms of wanting keep some cash and run under a reduced budget, I could understand, but all we get is flannel and I don't like being taken for a mug. Barber didn't hang around much when he put all the prices up this season - that one was well planned ahead.

I will keep supporting the Albion, of course I will, but just maybe they will be a couple more season ticket holders down next season. I know I'll get flack from the remember where we were and keep the faith brigade but we have moved on from those days and really should be aiming higher. If TB gets promotion, the club will be worth a lot more than it is now.

Rant over from a disgruntled fan.

Couldn't agree more come the 1st sept the club ( tony bloom) r going to find out just how pissed off we r

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
which will thankfully for the club not give them enough time to replace him and the chance to squirrel some more money away
Yep, because that's what we've been doing in recent years, squirreling money away - not running at a huge loss, oh no.

Buckley will go, it's just a matter of when.
You don't think it's at all possible he'll fail a medical?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here