Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can't remember the last time Buckley had a good game. It really makes you wonder about Sunderland's scouting. Have they seen him play in the last eighteen months?
Perhaps on that basis they (Gus) thinks he can pick Buckley up for a good price. Gus will have great belief in his own motivational powers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
New manager, new broom, new sales and signings.

Clearly the boss doesn't rate Buckley or CMS so I fear that they will both move on. I can see a lot of changes over the next six months in and out, it's going to be a long season but we have to trust the board and manager to get it right. Let's be fair Bloom hasn't got a lot wrong since taking the Chair.
The year of transition ...out with the old in with the new

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I can't remember the last time Buckley had a good game. It really makes you wonder about Sunderland's scouting. Have they seen him play in the last eighteen months?

I agree. I really can't see why any club wold want to part with good money just to see I'm sit on a treatment table (or in the psychiatrist's chair).

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Bridcutt, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa, Orlandi, Upson all out. And who to replace them?!

Agreed you can't lose that quality and not replace it and expect to remain competitive. Mr Bloom has invested and incredible amount of money in this club and has my total respect. I know he is a gambler and with the current selling exodus I sure hope he is slow rolling AA's. It's a gamble I am not sure he can afford to lose. I am officially worried.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree. I really can't see why any club wold want to part with good money just to see I'm sit on a treatment table (or in the psychiatrist's chair).

Gus will ofcourse :)

He's just spent 10 million on Rodwell who makes Buckley's injury issues look minor.

Therefore Gus will happily part with between 4 and 5 million for Buckley with any luck.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
If we have no players at all we will pass FFP

Great idea!

Maybe we are going to sell everyone we can, promote as many from the DS squad as poss, then, as we are now category 1 we can nick all the best youngsters from everyone else and wait for them to be old enough to play in the 1st team.

End result? - millions in the bank, lots of fit young men running around looking energetic (although ultimately playing shit football) and FFP is achieved so easily!

Just a thought...;-)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley will go, it's just a matter of when. There will be realisation that, from a PR perspective, letting another one of our (supposed) prize assets go before some good news in the other direction will not be a good thing.

As such my guess, and it is only a guess, is that we will see inward movement before Buckley goes. Adam Clayton is the likely one because, in Hyypia's style of play he's a replacement.

I am thoroughly upset. I bought my £650 season ticket on the assumption we would have at least 23 players including a left back and we would not sell our two best players, Lualua and Buckley. If I paid £400 like Sunderland fans, I would not be quite so upset though as that is affordable, just about.

And I don't like the idea of advancing wing-backs anyway. One advancing full back and one winger for me. 4-3-3 lob-sided is the only way. It has been this way since the seventies. 4-3-3 basic shape (at home).

I hope Bozza is wrong (I bet he isn't though) but to me a strike force of Buckley, Lualua and O'Grady looks a formidable attack. I see March playing the Orlandi role in midfield. I would like to see Stephen Ward as the goal scoring left back, and Adam Clayton could fit the Bridcutt/Brian Horton role. That leaves central midfield (Stephens) and the the stopper of centre half (I think we can trust Sami on that one!).

4-4-2 away: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/25/england-tactics-fabio-capello/ "Albion’s right-winger always stays very wide on the right, though, creating an option for the midfielders to switch the play quickly to the right-hand side, using the pace of Buckley!"

In other word; sell Buckley and it all falls apart!

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
From the play off home game against Derby in May, 7 of that side have already left. Buckley would make it 8. Only 4 have come in, expect (hope) for a busy last 2 weeks in the transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here