Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Up Next: Wolves (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Strangely, we don't really talk much about the next game until it's pretty much upon us, so let's change that.

It doesn't feel very Brighton-y to look at a fixture and say "this looks like a good chance to pick up another three points" but it is, so I'll say it...

This looks like a good chance to pick up another three points

What with Diego Costa being Diego Costa last weekend, Wolves are struggling for forward options and are already the lowest-scoring side in the league with a paltry six goals in 13 fixtures. They've yet to score more than once in a Premier League game this season.

As for us, will De Zerbi stick with the Chelsea starting eleven, even if Welbz and/or Veltman are available?
Yes, you've gone and done it, and the notion of the horseshoe introduced by @Giraffe will become more widely known as a consequence.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dunk was a doubt for the Chelsea game apparently and only passed fit on Sat am. I wonder if he'll be available? And perhaps Mitoma and The Llama might need a little TLC having been unfit recently. I suspect there will be changes (even if it isn't these guys).

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ah, I didn't know that.

Brighton nil it is then.
Com’on lads - what does it take to start believing! 😉

Same starters: 1-3 Tross, Enciso and penalty 😁

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wolves will not put 10 behind the ball at home, RDZ has already shown that he is prepared to play higher risk/reward football than Potter, we must be full of confidence after Saturday and @Bozza has gone and started this thread

0-0 :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pre Chelsea I was going to bin this off due to the trains.

Filled with an Albion mojo of 10 after Chelsea I booked a Seagull Travel (lack of) fun bus for £99 for me and the boy, which he’ll probably chunder on.

0-0 all over it

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In absolutely classic Albion style we will follow up a big win against one of the big 6 with a disappointing loss.
This is the new Albion though, the one that can actually beat Chelsea, score 3 goals at Anfield and have more posession than Man City at the Ethiad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I worry that this could well be a case of after the lord mayor's show. It'll be such a come down after the intense atmosphere and effort v a notable opponent, to trundling along to Wolves.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
This is a first for me as I’ve never been to Molineux. Most remarks that I’ve heard concerning going to Wolves is that it ain’t exactly friendly. I’ve survived Stoke and Burnley so I reckon I’ll be okay. As for the game, I hope we’ve turned the corner on the goal scoring front. Wolves really are a strange team, a couple of years ago they were a threat and certainly top 8 material. Since then they have plummeted badly but with the odd unexpected success. Let’s hope that won’t be the case this Saturday.
we've never lost at Molineux in previous history !...............................................

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
we've never lost at Molineux in previous history !...............................................
We’ve never beaten Chelsea in the league in previous history until last week…

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I worry that this could well be a case of after the lord mayor's show. It'll be such a come down after the intense atmosphere and effort v a notable opponent, to trundling along to Wolves.
and now with this q+a making it to sky sports, it's clear that it's going to be an error from Dunk that will cost us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We lost to Wolves at Molineux in the Covid season (20/21)

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Difficult decisions for manager. All very well saying keep same team but Veltman has to come back because he is a better defender than Gross. What do I know because my thoughts before Chelsea game was Mitoma should be given a go instead of March
WTF - Solly‘s been arguably our best player this season and on form, can’t be far off a call up to the England squad. Needs to find the net a bit more but frankly undroppable at the mo!

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
At Wolverhampton station

Attachments

• 015E038D-FDD0-47CD-95E5-F31CCE361071.jpeg
    015E038D-FDD0-47CD-95E5-F31CCE361071.jpeg
    804.4 KB · Views: 36

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you know perfectly well we won't score. It's that fabled chaps corporate weekend you used to frequent yourself, and in about 10 games that group has been to, we have seen just two Albion goals, and one of those was an own goal.

But Wolves are gash, so I'll go for 0-0.
I’m gonna stick my fat neck out and say we will score. Twice in fact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We are often spectacularly bad against sides low on confidence/in poor form.

I'd love one of those moments - like the 5-0 against Norwich a few years back - where we go "hang on, this lot are shit" and just batter them.
That changed last season a bit though…?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here