Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I must admit, I saw USG were evens pre match so I had a fiver on it. I thought I’d lost my money when they ruled out the offside goal, but you can’t beat a last kick of the game penalty.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Belgian league isn't like the Prem is it? If they come top of the table, they still have to go into a top four playoff. Is that right?

USG have 11 games left, which would take them to 34. At this point, there points total is halved (say 70 to 35). They then play in a 4 team playoff, playing every other team twice. The winner goes to the CL Group Stages

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Belgian league isn't like the Prem is it? If they come top of the table, they still have to go into a top four playoff. Is that right?

Ridiculous but true.

They’ll get 50% of their lead as a head start on the other 3 teams in the competition as they play them all twice. I believe the 4th placed team from last season almost won the title from getting about 16 points in the play-offs. Lunacy.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Away to Club Brugge Thursday 26th, 7.45. Home to Anderlecht Sunday 29th 12.30.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Looks like their next three games will be against those clubs in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ridiculous but true.

They’ll get 50% of their lead as a head start on the other 3 teams in the competition as they play them all twice. I believe the 4th placed team from last season almost won the title from getting about 16 points in the play-offs. Lunacy.

Has anybody got an opinion as to why Belgian FL think this is better. I know most of TV money goes to I think 3 biggest teams which also happens in Spain.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Has anybody got an opinion as to why Belgian FL think this is better. I know most of TV money goes to I think 3 biggest teams which also happens in Spain.

A 6 team mini-league between the big 6 here for CL places would be a Sky executives wet dream.

I can only assume its driven by money.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A 6 team mini-league between the big 6 here for CL places would be a Sky executives wet dream.

I can only assume its driven by money.

Money + giving the best teams a chance to play more games against quality opposition so that they are better prepared for playing in Europe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like their next three games will be against those clubs in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Which is why those two points gained at the death were crucial. Proper scenes at the end, even Kozlowski was giving it the Stuart Pearce '96 and he's only been there 5 minutes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Seems like quite a good way to keep the competition exciting for as long as possible and prevents the title becoming either a procession or two-horse race in the final weeks. It’s not that dissimilar to what they do in Scotland when the top and bottom 6 split towards the end of the season.

Everyone knows that rules at the start of the season, so can’t be any complaints. And it’s certainly no less fair than the fact that promotion in England can be earned via coming 6th and beating the 3rd place team in a play off. In fact it’s a bit more fair as it at least accounts for points accumulated during he regular season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seems like quite a good way to keep the competition exciting for as long as possible and prevents the title becoming either a procession or two-horse race in the final weeks. It’s not that dissimilar to what they do in Scotland when the top and bottom 6 split towards the end of the season.

Everyone knows that rules at the start of the season, so can’t be any complaints. And it’s certainly no less fair than the fact that promotion in England can be earned via coming 6th and beating the 3rd place team in a play off. In fact it’s a bit more fair as it at least accounts for points accumulated during he regular season.

Nothing llike our playoffs. First 2 are promoted and if you are top you win the league. Man City look like they will win league easily. Fully deserved the best team. Will be interesting to see if Bruge etc strengthen in window to prepare for playoffs

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Are there any highlights available

Highlights now on Mola.tv

Free to register and live coverage of the next two RUSG games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here