Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will need to play with 10 men second half .

They will, although there is a world of difference between playing a second half, having been down to ten, since the 12th minute - and effectively starting a 45 minute match with 10 completely fresh players.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ideally, I'd like to go over for the Play offs but the problem being is that we have no idea on dates (As I understand it, the top 4 play off home and away sometimne after 09/04) which would be a bit later on in the year when Covid has hopefully settled down and travel restrictions aren't scuppering everything. In the absence of that the Beerschot game is the most obvious albeit no good for me as I'm off to the Grand National.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tony's StarLizard actually provide information that is used to identify match fixing.

So it would be a shock if they were involved in it these days.

https://www.starlizard.com/integrity-services/

This.

Match fixing etc. is not in Star Lizard's interests as it messes with the algorithms. They want games that are decided only by the true contributions of the players. That's how they make money.

It's also, as Tyrone says, how they are able to highlight match fixing i.e. when they see a trend of results not matching expectations.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

When I used to write about sports (until about five years ago) I used to go to different sports writing conventions etc. and often spoke with journalists and agents and the occasional player... the things I heard about Belgium were pretty crazy. Players getting benched for not wanting to participating in match fixing, lots of human trafficking, criminal organisations using clubs as covers for money laundrey - things that happens elsewhere as well, just more of it because Belgium is (or was) a strangely lawless country with very loose restrictions and regulations. But it appears that in the last couple of years the authorities and the their FA is getting a bit more control over things.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Certainly that would help - but it still wouldn't stop it being an enormous logistical challenge, with elfin safety issues to be discussed by various interests over here!

A piss up in a brewery probably requires 14 days notice and a safety certificate these days!

Yes but one can be held in No 10 Downing Street at any time

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Second half played this evening finished 4-0...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst we were drawing 1-1 against Chelsea, 10-man USG just about managed to hang after taking a 2-0 lead into the second half of the their fog-affected weekend fixture. Final score: 4-0.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Kozlowski also got a run out on 89 minutes. Not sure that he or USG would've learned much from that!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When I used to write about sports (until about five years ago) I used to go to different sports writing conventions etc. and often spoke with journalists and agents and the occasional player... the things I heard about Belgium were pretty crazy. Players getting benched for not wanting to participating in match fixing, lots of human trafficking, criminal organisations using clubs as covers for money laundrey - things that happens elsewhere as well, just more of it because Belgium is (or was) a strangely lawless country with very loose restrictions and regulations. But it appears that in the last couple of years the authorities and the their FA is getting a bit more control over things.

Oldies with long memories may remember Anderlecht bribing the ref to beat Notts Forest
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...m-forest-anderlecht-match-fixing-scandal-1984

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mental scenes at the end. Late USG goal chalked off by VAR for offside, Kozlowski injured within seconds of coming on, then penalty smashed home followed by final whistle.

Bruges dropped points too, so huge day for USG. No Mitoma today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here