Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under-21 game, Monday

Krengelan

Oct 29, 2013
Bennets Field? now only about 20% of it's previous size?

If that's what its called. Off Village Way. We catch the train normally so not sure whats happened in the car park since we parked there last but hardly anyone went to the U21 we went to so parking wasn't a problem at all.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Dec 29, 2011
Beckham wasn't involved in the U-18s match - the Arsenal side is given here: - Mourgos strikes as Arsenal U18s draw with Brighton

Instead, he played for Arsenal U-16s against Albion's U-16s.

Our U-16s Spanish wunderkind (see this thread if you don't know who that is) was star struck:-

[TWEET]538752647206273025[/TWEET]

Any more news about this kid? Still too young for a pro contract? Are Barca and Madrid still sniffing about?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Really? Wasn't he conceived after the 98 world cup when David escaped the baying UK paparazzi to bang Posh on the New York leg of their US tour, which makes him about 15. Must be good to be playing at U18 level already.

Only going on a snippett in a Sunday paper that Beckham had a minor car bump on Saturday, after leaving London Colney with Brooklyn, who played in the 3-3 draw against Brighton U18s.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like we could have a decent team out tonight:

Solly March steps up his quest for full match fitness and sharpness in Albion's under-21s against Arsenal at the Amex tonight (7pm).

March returned from four months out with a stress fracture of the back as a late substitute in Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Fulham.

Summer signings Danny Holla, Paddy McCourt and Nzuzi Toko are included in Simon Ireland's squad as the three over-age players permitted and England under-20s keeper Christian Walton is in goal after his recent first team appearances deputising for the fit-again David Stockdale.

Albion are next-to-bottom in the under-21s Premier League table with one win in eight games, Arsenal next-to-top with one defeat.

Albion (from): Walton; Doherty; Barry, Hunt, Holla, Dallison, Barclay, McCourt, Toko, Kandi, March, Starkey, Harris, Cole, Davis, Wiltshire, Muitt.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I was told he did play, did you go to this match?

One of my best mates plays for the U18. Said he didn't. My mate scored an absolute worldie for us, have a look if you can, worth watching!

The Argus got it from tweets by two of our under 18s.

Fair enough, but they still didn't!

Beckham wasn't involved in the U-18s match - the Arsenal side is given here: - Mourgos strikes as Arsenal U18s draw with Brighton

Our U-16s Spanish wunderkind (see this thread if you don't know who that is) was star struck:-

It's strange, I've ran the line when this kid was playing for the U16, and he didn't stand out!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Looks like we could have a decent team out tonight:

Solly March steps up his quest for full match fitness and sharpness in Albion's under-21s against Arsenal at the Amex tonight (7pm).

March returned from four months out with a stress fracture of the back as a late substitute in Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Fulham.

Summer signings Danny Holla, Paddy McCourt and Nzuzi Toko are included in Simon Ireland's squad as the three over-age players permitted and England under-20s keeper Christian Walton is in goal after his recent first team appearances deputising for the fit-again David Stockdale.

Albion are next-to-bottom in the under-21s Premier League table with one win in eight games, Arsenal next-to-top with one defeat.

Albion (from): Walton; Doherty; Barry, Hunt, Holla, Dallison, Barclay, McCourt, Toko, Kandi, March, Starkey, Harris, Cole, Davis, Wiltshire, Muitt.

Walton, Holla, Toko, Paddy & March in the squad is good news.
Hopefully a decent turnout on a cold night.

Will Hyypia be interested enough to attend?
Will Wenger be there?

I've got my long-johns on and my pie money. I'll be looking to see if Toko is as bad as Hyypia thinks he is.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's strange, I've ran the line when this kid was playing for the U16, and he didn't stand out!

Ready for the first team already then.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

One of my best mates plays for the U18. Said he didn't. My mate scored an absolute worldie for us, have a look if you can, worth watching!

Fair enough, but they still didn't!

My mistake it was the u-16 team, I got the age groups wrong.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here