Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The price we paid is irrelevant.

He cost us more than Mitoma, Ferguson, Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck combined.
Just because we’ve picked up a few bargains on the way doesn’t mean £5m is anything other than loose change in the striker market.
At the risk of criticising our excellent recruitment team (and reigniting a done to death NSC debate), we should have invested more heavily in a striker last Summer.
Complaining about Undav is like buying a pie for £2.50 at Oakwell and being disappointed it’s not Michelin star quality.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The price we paid is irrelevant.

He cost us more than Mitoma, Ferguson, Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck combined.
And wages or don’t they count, with the exception of Ferguson and possibly Mitoma, I reckon those others are on significantly more than Undav, due to their experience and ability.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just because we’ve picked up a few bargains on the way doesn’t mean £5m is anything other than loose change in the striker market.
At the risk of criticising our excellent recruitment team (and reigniting a done to death NSC debate), we should have invested more heavily in a striker last Summer.
Complaining about Undav is like buying a pie for £2.50 at Oakwell and being disappointed it’s not Michelin star quality.

It's ridiculous that we put everything on the shoulders of an 18 year old or have Undav as our striker options. Welbeck is always a gamble especially this time of year.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How crap has he got to be before you shift camps? He makes so many basic mistakes that I am sure he will never make it.
I suppose it's that i've seen a lot of Brighton players get off to ropey starts, for various reasons then come good. He still hasn't actually played that much for us and taken a couple of goals well in the cup.

I'm not writing him off yet. And as we're horrendously short up front as usual, we'll get the chance to see him more I suspect

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's ridiculous that we put everything on the shoulders of an 18 year old or have Undav as our striker options. Welbeck is always a gamble especially this time of year.

We like selling buying not so much.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Obvs we are doing very very well with the current line up but it makes you wonder where we’d be with a stronger forward line

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wasn’t it two headers in the 6 yard box and a shot? All near us in the NS.
One header in the six yard box where although difficult I think he should have done better…the second wasn’t in the six yarder and personally I thought it was a good effort ….Dunks effort I think was the easiest of the lot but wide

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I felt he did okay, was very close with a header which was the only decent cross he received. Warren Aspinall thought he received no service.

Links well and is a squad player. Like many, needs more time on the pitch

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I suspect the decision may have been made before the game just to give Evan an hour or so today. As you say he has been injured and perhaps was a bit short of match practice.

Let's face it Undav needs game time as well, it gave the boss the chance to see what he was capable of too.
I noticed a few occasions in the second half that Ferguson looked knackered....eg: just before he went off he was trying to close down their central defenders as they played the ball out from the back. They beat his press, and Ferguson blew his cheeks out like I do after running for the bus! It was obviously right to make the substitution, but maybe in retrospect Sarmiento or Enciso might have been a better option.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If Ferguson stayed on , and Undav played just off Ferguson he might off been more effective ,
I thought March was quiet in the second half and would have preferred him to go off than Ferguson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here