[Albion] Undav

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not an Undav fan by any stretch and although Ferguson had some good link up play, Undav looked more likely to score in a shorter space of time

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m not an Undav fan by any stretch and although Ferguson had some good link up play, Undav looked more likely to score in a shorter space of time
Ferguson is a far superior footballer. He never stops harrying defenders and reads the game so much better than Undav, who looks lazy and lost at this level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ferguson is a far superior footballer. He never stops harrying defenders and reads the game so much better than Undav, who looks lazy and lost at this level.
Perhaps, but on todays showing we looked more likely to score with Undav than Ferguson

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think the Undav experiment needs to be called off I'm afraid, I said after a few appearances I don't think he's good enough for this level and I've seen nothing to change my mind unfortunately. I think it was him who gave the ball away cheaply for their goal, and for the 2nd offside goal there's no way he should be caught in an offside position there. His performance was similar to the Palace game, not enough movement and when he does get in behind he always seems to be standing in an offside position - hopefully Welbeck isn't too badly injured as I wouldn't have Undav in the squad atm if Welbeck was fit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Undav has been unlucky in a way - he came here and joined the club, and didn't get a look in with the match day team - leading to many people (yes, OK, fair enough, many of us) thinking that he must be a bit of a dud, at least at PL level. Now, every time he has game time but doesn't score it's confirmation bias time.
He may or may not win us all over, and he may become a really useful and much appreciated PL striker. My six penn'orth is that he's facing an uphill struggle. Wish him well nonetheless.

Last edited:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I'm not sure what RDZ sees in him either, pretty sure he was at fault for the mix up with Buonanotte for the goal. I've not seen a decent game from him yet.

At least RDZ has given him a chance though but time to drop it now. Stick with Big Ferg, Enciso and Welbeck when he's fit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
League 1 at best! Poor mans Maupay!
Bit early for that I think.
Links up very well, but I’m not convinced personally. Also feel Maupay is the better player - not finisher, player… Maupays
Hold up play and touch was very good. I think Undav needs a loan myself. But we only have Ferguson and Welbs apart from him so we need to bring in a new striker or one of ours out on loan if we do loan out Undav.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Undav has been unlucky in a way - he came here and joined the club, and didn't get a look in with the match day team - leading to many people (yes, OK, fair enough, many of us) thinking that he must be a bit of a dud, at least at PL level. Now, every time he has game time but doesn't score it's conformation bias time.
He may or may not win us all over, and he may become a really useful and much appreciated PL striker. My six penn'orth is that he's facing an uphill struggle. Wish him well nonetheless.
Like every untried player he ideally needs a run of games to show everyone what he is capable of, but in modern day football, particularly in the Premier League, they very rarely get that chance. If Danny Webedck had been fit today l doubt Undav would even have made the bench.

Sad but that's the way it is.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Undav has been unlucky in a way - he came here and joined the club, and didn't get a look in with the match day team - leading to many people (yes, OK, fair enough, many of us) thinking that he must be a bit of a dud, at least at PL level. Now, every time he has game time but doesn't score it's conformation bias time.

The Bournemouth game all our players were pressing and sprinting at them to put pressure on the receiver, he was just just half heartily jogging with seemingly just going through the motions, it was so frustrating. He might as well not bothered, either press or don't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Perhaps, but on todays showing we looked more likely to score with Undav than Ferguson
We started to get desperate as the game went on. I saw Roberto going nuts first half for what looked like us not getting forwards quick enough.

Ferguson has been injured and tired, but not sure the circumstances and desperation of the game made Undav looking more likely than him actually being so.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Maybe he'll make it maybe he won't, but I think it's hard to argue we didn't balls up in the transfer window.

Welbeck was always likely to spend time out injured, so was Lallana. Meaning we're either going to have to rely on Undav coming good (which he hasn't yet) or put huge pressure on Ferguson.

The other point i'd make here is that in the last 2 games MacAllister has been much more at fault that Undav for our failure to score. I think he should be playing further back and Gross should be playing in behind the striker.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Some harsh comments on here.
At five million quid Undav was always going to be a punt.
He is what he is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We started to get desperate as the game went on. I saw Roberto going nuts first half for what looked like us not getting forwards quick enough.

Ferguson has been injured and tired, but not sure the circumstances and desperation of the game made Undav looking more likely than him actually being so.
I suspect the decision may have been made before the game just to give Evan an hour or so today. As you say he has been injured and perhaps was a bit short of match practice.

Let's face it Undav needs game time as well, it gave the boss the chance to see what he was capable of too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports