Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
shite. No way the ‘algorithms’ highlighted him. There was little noise of other clubs interested and we can see why. An easy signing to make due to the relationship but not a patch on Maupay so we’ve deliberately weakened ourselves in an area we were already struggling.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think he's better than he's showing (that's not hard) but seems to play with zero confidence for both Potter and RDZ. RDZ doesn't seem the type of manager to get the best out of people struggling.
One of the main compliments people gave RDZ at previous clubs was about developing/improving players, and getting the best out of their attributes.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
And he's another one that is beginning to worry me. Enciso reminds me of the annoying skinny fast kid at school who looked handy with the ball at his feet but just hogged the ball all the time before being dispossessed. He's so wasteful with the promising positions he finds himself in.
We have to remember with Enciso that he's only 18, it could be another couple of years before he is good enough but even then he will only be 20/21.

The things you mention are all coachable, the raw talent is there and the fact that he's already around the first team at his age means the club rate his potential.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Need a striker.
Can't help but think that is on the very top of RDZs Christmas list that he mentioned for the Jan window.

Imagine a younger Muzza and the 2 or 3 (at least) balls that went right across the goal line last night vs Charlton. At least one would have gone in.

I'm hoping that RDZ and his scouts have a player in mind from his Shakta or Sassuolo days that's not got a £50+m price tag. I can see us being a regular top 10, European side with one. Yes it's a big gamble. But when you are just one card short of a Royal Flush, got to take a bit of a risk.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Can't help but think that is on the very top of RDZs Christmas list that he mentioned for the Jan window.

Imagine a younger Muzza and the 2 or 3 (at least) balls that went right across the goal line last night vs Charlton. At least one would have gone in.

I'm hoping that RDZ and his scouts have a player in mind from his Shakta or Sassuolo days that's not got a £50+m price tag. I can see us being a regular top 10, European side with one. Yes it's a big gamble. But when you are just one card short of a Royal Flush, got to take a bit of a risk.
reckon we could go back for that enes ünal fella we were linked with in the summer

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I sill think people are unfair. Strikers are as good as how many chances created for them are put away. Last night nothing. Our creative players had very poor games and gave him no service with none getting close to him. Look at Mbappe in W/C final. He may as well not been on pitch for first 70mins

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
point taken but even in games where he isn't taking chances welbeck is at least linking up and bringing the others into play. undav is a total passenger when not on the end of chances, and he isn't physically imposing enough to bully centre backs like muzza or ulloa.

first and foremost, I'd be fine with undav not being as involved if when the ball did come into him, even with his back to goal, he was able to control it and make it stick. but he doesn't. obviously it's going to be difficult to find a striker who's a great finisher and a good creative force, impossible actually, for our budget. but they have to offer SOMETHING in possession.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Only read the last few posts, but to buck the trend, did okay last night linked play well. Good effort in second half, and certainly no worse than our World Cup players.

However, it remains our weakest area and that includes Welbeck.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I feel a bit sad for him. He made a number of good runs last night, particularly in the first half, but we were really slow to spot them - which was probably just as well……..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Accordingly to Naylor ‘several clubs are showing interest’

Will be interesting to see if it’s Worthing or Lewes that can secure his signature

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
The good news is he seems to be a lot happier these days. Full of smiles and chat. Thinking wishfully, that will begin to translate in to EPL goals. (or he’s stealing a living and laughingly knows it)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How very un NSC. He’s had one game as a starter now, hasn’t scored in the PL and needs to be written off as shite! 15 minutes is normally enough, so he’s been given plenty of leeway.

I like him and think he’s pretty intelligent, he takes up good positions but the other players aren’t reading him yet. I would choose him over Welbeck as a starter with Ferguson at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here