Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You got to be kidding me, like I would have known that?? A juvenile comment responding back to another juvenile comment. That’s all it is. Don’t play that game mate
You know now though don't you?

Have some balls and a little grace and apologise for your crass moronic comment.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some of the comments are a bit harsh. He contributed to a goal at Wolves last week and hasn't been given many minutes.

But from what he's shown so far, he's not good enough to be a regular PL player.

A loan move could be beneficial in Jan but then we would need to bring in another striker, which is easier said than done.
I absolutely agree. There is no way anyone can judge a player on just a few minutes of playing time here, and a few minutes there. To make any kind of accurate assessment he needs to play a few full games before we see what he is really capable of.

Yes Undav was poor today and showed very little movement or pace, but then again nor did anyone else..

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect the coaching team have a better idea of Unduv's capability from training sessions than time on the pitch, which he's had limited time on.
Would be harsh to judge him on today's game as once ahead, Villa put all men behind the ball and wasted time.
However, he does seem to have rather limited mobility.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I expect the coaching team have a better idea of Unduv's capability from training sessions than time on the pitch, which he's had limited time on.
Would be harsh to judge him on today's game as once ahead, Villa put all men behind the ball and wasted time.
Agreed. He didn’t look too bad at FGR (quality of opposition accepted but the only decent runout he’s had so far)…..movement was pretty good. He does look a bit…erm……chunky (I know, pots and kettles etc :ROFLMAO:) for a PL footballer but assume the S&C team are happy with his numbers :shrug:

Needs a lot more minutes but not sure when that’s likely to happen

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly, hard to judge him when we didn't create any chances for our front players.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He clearly can’t keep up with the pace of the game.
I wonder if he’s been sidelined by successive managers because of poor fitness more than technique.
Continually in an offside position that would rule out any possible goals scored.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
unfortunately he seems a few yards off premier league pace. Whether that can be put right in training is another question but based on what we have seen so far I’d be surprised if a January move doesn’t happen (loan or perm)

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I absolutely agree. There is no way anyone can judge a player on just a few minutes of playing time here, and a few minutes there. To make any kind of accurate assessment he needs to play a few full games before we see what he is really capable of.

Yes Undav was poor today and showed very little movement or pace, but then again nor did anyone else..
Think the reason he’s only played a few min here and there tells you all you need to know

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So far he's done a damn good impersonation of Maupay during his sulky barren spell.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought it was to replace Dante Vanzeir when Vanzeir came to Brighton. Not a direct replacement, maybe, but I did think Vanzeir was the one we were really after!
Undav and Vanzeir both joined USG at the same time (2020).

There were no solid rumours of us buying Vanzeir, just fans (me included) seeing how well he was doing at USG, to the extent he got a Belgium cap, and. putting 2+2 together. Possible reason we didn’t go for him is that he’s quite similar to Trossard as opposed to an out-and-out goal scorer. He’s still at USG and doing very well so wouldn’t surprise me if there’s interest from other teams next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here