PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He's doing an excellent job isn't he?

I was fairly confident he'd do well but didn't think he'd do this well this quickly. It's quite annoying really as I find Villa quite an objectionable team.

They've got some good financial backing too don't they? So we can expect them to spend big in the summer which should make them considerably better than they currently are. Exciting times if you're a villa fan.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Villa were underachieving until emery came in given how much they've spent. I don't understand why the media never mentions their spending, even in the championship it was a joke.

That said emery is doing an unreal job, let's hope their form has peaked too early.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quality yes. Unattractive football yes.
If I was a Villain tonight I would have sucked up those three points (up the nose or not at all) and pondered how much glory there is to be had, stealing points and position by being a jack-knifed lorry, stopping all comers on the M6. Bosh.

There weren't even plucky. Just stodgy.

We're the famous aston villa and we're f***ing stodge ee ee
Stodge ee
Stodge ee
We're the famous aston villa and we're f***ing stodge ee ee

Fie upon them

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Can't believe a lot were doubting this guy. Must be one of the best managers out there.
That or Steve Gerrard was utter shite

The two are not 'mutually exclusive'. ;)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I didn't know much about him during his early time in Spain and wasn't impressed with what he did at Arsenal. He did brilliantly on his return to Spain at Villareal and fair play he seems to be doing great work at Villa, also highlighting what a poor manager Gerrard is.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Villa have a good squad. They are getting results playing really boring football but it is amazing what he has done. It shows how bad stevie g is as a manager that he could not get these players playing anywhere near this level.

I suggest that stevie goes back to rangers and Lampard takes the Celtic job so that Scotland can break the two team league model.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was looking at this yesterday as I was thinking "their run has been extraordinary".

When we beat Southampton on Boxing Day we were on 24 points from 15 games, which is 1.6 points per game.
Villa were six points behind us on 18 points, but they'd played a game more, so 1.125 points per game.

Since then we've picked up 25 points from 14 games, 1.785 points per game, but Villa have accrued 36 points from 17 games, which is an impressive 2.11 points per game.

Overall, we're still averaging more points per game over the season as a whole (1.689 v 1.636) but, as we know, the games we have to face are going to prove challenging to maintain that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The new owners have put a lot of money (£517m in five years) into the club. ST prices increased by 10% this season and 15% next season to help fund it too. Villa have the third highest losses in Premier League history, only behnd Chelsea and Manchester Citeh.
1682496980927.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here