Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unai Emery new Aston Villa manager

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very much a meh appointment. Didn't pull up any trees at Arsenal, can't see him doing much at Villa, especially as they seem to think they are some kind of PL "royalty" there. The fans will be mortally offended if they're not pushing top 6, so like most Villa managers, he'll be out within about 18 months.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very much a meh appointment. Didn't pull up any trees at Arsenal, can't see him doing much at Villa, especially as they seem to think they are some kind of PL "royalty" there. The fans will be mortally offended if they're not pushing top 6, so like most Villa managers, he'll be out within about 18 months.
As long as that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Just 24 full and caretakers in the EPL era.

25B52660-8D92-4873-899B-CC688C5ACFDA.png

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Nope. This tells me that Villa don’t have a succession-based model, they haven’t done any research, and it was probably Emery who contacted Villa than the other way around. Good for us though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Without gas, oil or nuclear weapons (!), Villa are just another also-ran like the rest of us hoping to win the Papa Johns pot.

Nothing to see here really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought the same about Ten Haag at United - he'd hung his hat so firmly on getting de Jong and when that didn't hapen I thought he'd be toast - but it looks like I was wrong there.
So, I may be wrong about Unai Emery too - but TBH if I was a Villa supporter I would not be dancing in the streets of Aston tonight celebrating the appointment either. He was crap at Arsenal. Wonder if the malcontents who wouldn't put in a proper stint for Stevie G will give him any more respect?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here