Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras/Hooligans Stories

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012

Great thread!

Here's some pictures from Poland, if the OP's interested...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-Nostalgia-Thread&highlight=Gryf+Słupsk

... I could a tale unfold, about hooliganism in Poland, that would harrow up thy soul
and all that, but it would make me long for things past too much. Can't have that
(being a responsible family man that I am today :) ).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hi, I'm doing a presentation for GCSE about Football hooligans. It would help me a lot if I had 1/2 stories to put into it so does anyone have any personal experiences, good and bad, of hooligans or ultras at the footy.

Yes, mainly with England abroad, starting with teargas in Turin in 1980, through Spain 82, mexico 86, Italian 90 and up to Euro 2000 in Brlgium/Holland.

I'm not saying I was a hooligan, quite the contrary, and in most instances it was possible to walk away, but I do have personal experience of football related violence. None of which I will write about on a website.

There at a lot of good books on the subject, suggest you start with 'hooligans Abroad' by Hunter Davies. Cass Pennants book on the ICF is worth reading too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just read the whole of the thread linked by Gotsmanov. Strange times, but interesting. I'm one of those earnest types who never uttered a word at the Albion till I was over 40. But I admit to having had a vicarious thrill as a teenager watching all the kerfuffle (from a safe distance). Funny story for you now: an old school mate of mine (HGSB) was a Spurs fan as a lad. We all followed a div 1 side when I was a kid (but went to the Goldstone every week). When he was about 40 he had a meet up with half a dozen old ex Spurs chaps in a pub on the South Bank. There was a similar bunch of portly gentlemen in there at the time, who overheard the chat. Turns out they were all old Chelsea boys. They decided, after shandies, they wanted a rematch outside for old times sake. It took BK and his mates nearly an hour to talk them out of it. Eventually the Chelsea boys settled down and they all had a lovely time, reminiscing about football and the occasional encounter, for the rest of the evening, shook hands and made their way home to the wives and kids. Football, like politics, is war by other means. Until you get too old for it.

ps I like the Pink Fairy. He/She seems very wise.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Stan Smiths or Sambas, tacchini trackies and stupid haircuts.

It was fun while it lasted but it all got out of hand and ended in tears.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
When I was a teenager I used to wear desert boots to away games so I didn't look too hard.

...yeah, but you looked good.

As a certain Mr. Cass Pennant once said "You can always tell a northerner - They dress the same, but they just look scruffy"

Us southerners might of got battered a few times up north...but at least we looked good doing it!

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
There was this one time, where me and my propa nawty 40 odd boys were going down west street on the piss. Saw some classy birds that needed destroying, but anyway. We down there to get some Charlie, you know. The sniff, anyway. ****in' Cass Pennant and his boiz were in Oceana.

Me and the propa nawty odd boys were 'aving none of this. Things got heated, I mean really heated. The air con wasn't working in the club. So it stunk of minge, booze, BO and cheap Chinese clone cologne. At first, we were hesitant. We were out for a laugh, but this mob was tasty.

We had a couple of c8nts dressed up in some propa nasty clobber, bench shorts, Fred perry polo and a nawty little Adidas bag to store his wallet and phone, which we later nicked. We took them out first, anyone wearing a combination of Fred perry and stone island is the propa mutters. We then tactically proceeded to punch the living shit out of everything and anything. At one point, the room was so red, I took out the barman who later had cerebral palsy, propa nawty!

Any way, after a few shoves and jumping up and down shouting shit at each other, the old bill turned up, started nicking everyone. So we pegged it down the seafront. And you won't ****ing believe it, we bumped in Das reich and his boys. They mentioned that palace were down. I thought to myself "palace? **** me, time to get the tools out for this one." So, got on me old mobile phone and rang some more boys down. We weren't 'avin' ****in' palace down here, so we proceeded along the promenade. It was quite beautiful really, the sight of middle aged, overweight and bald vicious racists wearing their finest clobber, parading down the seafront like a bunch of majestic wildebeest in the African Sahara.

Anyway, we saw the palace at the peace tower. Their top boy, mullethead Parish was there on top of the statue, talking shit to his Jehovah witness like bunch of muppets, even a few full kit wankers. We proceeded to skirmish with them. The battle was long fought, Das Reich and mullethead Parish had the biggest punch up ever, it was like Rocky 3.

Anyway, after our glorious victory we took ourselves up to hikers rest, and drank the rest of the evening.

Part 2; coming soon,

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
Anyone remember the game against Chelsea, at the Goldstone back in the early 80s (might have been '83) when the Chelsea fans rioted, and knocked about three police officers unconscious, and piled them in the goalmouth in front of the North Stand ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They were the principal reason why, when I was your age, if you went to a football match you stood in a cage and were treated like a criminal/animal, even though you had done nothing wrong.

I take it you were at Italia 90?!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This thread is screaming out for Pompous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here