Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa......

Ulloa.....what would you do?

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Some people on NSC would turn on their own mothers given the right excuse... Ulloa has been a class act for this club - who could we bring in realistically that's better?? Yes form has dipped somewhat, but that has most likely coincided with the injury to himself and that of Crofts and Orlandi... What I would give for some perspective from a minority section of our 'FANS'. Its quite obvious this season is not going to be a fairy tale ending, but the club is going in the right direction and is stable (and stability right now is a god send when you look at whats happening around us and where we were not so long ago!)

stability would have been keeping Barnes (like him or not) by offering him a little more money instead what did we do we wasted money on trying to replace him with loan stars who could not cut the mustard.
stability would have also been doing the same for Murray
stability would have also been trying to sign Conway who was slow starting but really blossomed in the last few weeks of his loan.
it is not the fans who sell the players or sign the loan stars, we rely on the club to do that and to nurture the players think the grass is greener(and in some cases it has been).
it does make me think that Gregory has a point (see other thread) and its something that the fans and the club should take on board.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Great player for us who doesn't seem himself after his injury.

Don't know what the reason is, but he seems to have developed a strange attitude. It started with him taking a ridiculous time to return to the half-way line after scoring. Anyone know what that's all about?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because it was so easy to find someone like him before, wasn't it?

Why do football fans have such short memories? It's ridiculous. It took TWO YEARS to replace Glenn Murray, yeah, let's just get rid of the best striker we've had since Zamora, we'll find another one easily enough. It's not like we've been looking for another striker who actually scores goals ever since we bought Ulloa or anything.

It would be absolute madness to let Ulloa go. He's the only player we have that regularly scores goals, and he does it even when he isn't playing well. To let him go would be absolutely criminal, unless we had at least two proven 20 goal Championship strikers lined up to replace him.

Our efforts where Ulloa is concerned should be focused on getting him happy again and getting him back on form. And giving him some support up there.

All of this times a MILLION.

He scores goals even when playing pretty shit. I can only imagine how many he could score AND create in the right side. 30+. Get him fit, get his head right, get the RIGHT players alongside him and he will prove himself one of the best players in the Championship. He's more than got the ability.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you are right it would be madness
as I think it was madness to get rid of Murray and Barnes
I agree it was madness to let Murray go, for what probably wasn't too much money. I disagree about Barnes though. I was always one of his supporters, but I don't think he was so good that we couldn't do better. I think we should have let him go, and offered Grabban enough for him to come here.

Of course I say that without knowing what Grabban would have taken, and you've got to draw the line somewhere. But that aside, I thought he was someone that could improve our squad, whereas Barnes, who was a very useful servant, was replaceable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I agree it was madness to let Murray go, for what probably wasn't too much money. I disagree about Barnes though. I was always one of his supporters, but I don't think he was so good that we couldn't do better. I think we should have let him go, and offered Grabban enough for him to come here.

Of course I say that without knowing what Grabban would have taken, and you've got to draw the line somewhere. But that aside, I thought he was someone that could improve our squad, whereas Barnes, who was a very useful servant, was replaceable.

but we did'nt replace him did we, the only one that has so far is Jesse and if we want to buy him its going to cost us

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but we did'nt replace him did we
Barnes was only under contract for this year, so for this year, yes, we've replaced him. And I expect we'll have better options than Barnes next year too.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Interesting how his form his suddenly turned since CMS has been back in the frame? In the last 2 games he's been back to his old self again and not moaning constantly! Points towards what I suspected was his problem a few weeks back, having no competition in the squad for his place.

Cracking finish today and that flicked ball through to Jesse. :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been quite a big critic of his over the last month or so but some of his ball control and layoffs today were top drawer. Keep it up Leo, he looked a quality player again today.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ulloa actually looked happy at some points. That's a big change from a month ago when the usual expression was pained.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Vital. Still looking forward to seeing how he links up with CMS. Wouldn't be wrist slashing time if he did move on provided we're capable of landing a similarly imposing and effective front man in short order.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009

Why do football fans have such short memories? It's ridiculous. It took TWO YEARS to replace Glenn Murray, yeah, let's just get rid of the best striker we've had since Zamora, we'll find another one easily enough. It's not like we've been looking for another striker who actually scores goals ever since we bought Ulloa or anything.

It would be absolute madness to let Ulloa go. He's the only player we have that regularly scores goals, and he does it even when he isn't playing well. To let him go would be absolutely criminal, unless we had at least two proven 20 goal Championship strikers lined up to replace him.

Our efforts where Ulloa is concerned should be focused on getting him happy again and getting him back on form. And giving him some support up there.

Thanks for this as it saves me typing the same.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Some people on NSC would turn on their own mothers given the right excuse... Ulloa has been a class act for this club - who could we bring in realistically that's better?? Yes form has dipped somewhat, but that has most likely coincided with the injury to himself and that of Crofts and Orlandi... What I would give for some perspective from a minority section of our 'FANS'. Its quite obvious this season is not going to be a fairy tale ending, but the club is going in the right direction and is stable (and stability right now is a god send when you look at whats happening around us and where we were not so long ago!)

This.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good post.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Saying we accepted 4m, who would be better than him as a replacement for that kind of money?
We should keep him IMO

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wonder if his ball skills can increase? He really needs to have a bit more close control or otherwise is he is mostly just a goal scorer. Michael Robinson in the seventies/eighties for the Albion was the same, but he possessed a fraction more pace and ball control. Needed, I think if we got promoted.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why do fans want to sell a major asset cheaply? - he's surely worth far more to us than £4m with this strike rate of nearly 1 in 2.

How much would it cost us to replace him with an equally effective striker? probably far more as they are hard to find (how long did it take us to replace the 'under-rated Murray'?)

We must be one of the few clubs out there that that the fans like to talk the price of their players down rather than up (Buckley, Greer, Bruno, Ulloa, Barnes, Bridcutt - and thats just this season!!)

Seems to have a different attitude in the last two games. I think the Leicester result has boosted moral for all players.

It really does help though if we put some attacking players closer to him. Same with Lingard, he looks a different player with the likes of Kaz and March running off him.

It's very rare admitedly that the manager gets it consistently wrong over the bloke shouting the odds from the stand, but in terms of the limited attacking ambition shown by the Albion in games recently, that rare event has happened.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ulloa actually looked happy at some points. That's a big change from a month ago when the usual expression was pained.

Maybe because he feels he's finally got some kind of credible support. He's been horribly isolated up front recently. Lot of high-fiving going on with Lingard yesterday. Maybe the players are finally starting to BOND. All bodes well for the final four games. And the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here