Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa......

Ulloa.....what would you do?

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In my eyes he is vital to a promotion push next season, as mentioned before what is the alternative out there and what would they cost, not many and too much are the answers.

If for some reason the club did sell him without an adequate replacement lined up, it will show us just how much this clubs wants to go up. In fact we could suddenly find ourselves in a relegation scrape he is that important mood or no mood.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How about we do nothing? Esp as he's contracted for x more years?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He is good and caused all sorts of problems for Hull. Every player has a price and £5 million i would happily let him go as long as its reinvested in the squad

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If we continue to play the system that we have been, then may as well let him go. He does not look like he is enjoying his footie at the moment, and I cannot see that changing, but hopefully I am wrong.

I would prefer to keep him but if its not working, then maybe a change is needed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
with the right support and in the right system he will score for fun
but I must say any offer over 6m would be tempting

He's been missing good chances so not sure how he'd ever score for fun, I don't think his heart is at this club anymore so I won't be too gutted if he moves on, as long as the price is right.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Now that folks is a definition of irony.

Least Im not the only person who thought that !!

On topic, sell if we get £4M IF we can get a suitable, maybe better, replacement. Ulloa has been poor for a while now, even when he was scoring. That injury appears to have done something to him.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ulloa could be a 30+ goals-a-season striker if he has someone to playoff; someone like, oooo, I don't know, Ashley Barnes...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think he's struggling because of the manager (and not the only one in the squad either). Get a manager thats not as passive, and maybe we might see him firing again.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm still trying to work out whether I think he's a decent striker or pretty one dimensional. At present I think he's a bit over-rated and not the Messiah. However, I'd like to reserve full judgement until I've seen him playing with a decent strike partner. He's had to lead the line all on his own so I can forgive him some of his whinging and whining but if he doesn't get any help next season he'll be on his way out one way or another.
If Oscar is considering playing two up front next season then keep him, if not then sell him for a profit to someone who will.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's been missing good chances so not sure how he'd ever score for fun, I don't think his heart is at this club anymore so I won't be too gutted if he moves on, as long as the price is right.

more or less what I have said
support on and off the field
and any offer 6m or more would of coarse be tempting as we could I am sure find another like him as he was and maybe have a lot of change to spend on a second forward ........................................but would OG play a second?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bye Leo! thanks for everything but at the same time thanks for nothing!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
more or less what I have said
support on and off the field
and any offer 6m or more would of coarse be tempting as we could I am sure find another like him as he was and maybe have a lot of change to spend on a second forward ........................................but would OG play a second?

Because it was so easy to find someone like him before, wasn't it?

Why do football fans have such short memories? It's ridiculous. It took TWO YEARS to replace Glenn Murray, yeah, let's just get rid of the best striker we've had since Zamora, we'll find another one easily enough. It's not like we've been looking for another striker who actually scores goals ever since we bought Ulloa or anything.

It would be absolute madness to let Ulloa go. He's the only player we have that regularly scores goals, and he does it even when he isn't playing well. To let him go would be absolutely criminal, unless we had at least two proven 20 goal Championship strikers lined up to replace him.

Our efforts where Ulloa is concerned should be focused on getting him happy again and getting him back on form. And giving him some support up there.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A lot of comments on here regarding him getting support and be a great goal scorer could said about CMS last season, the system we have played of late and in the previous two seasons at the Amex is just not producing enough goals and its been noticed by would strikers who have the opportunity to come here. Amex strikers graveyard.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Because it was so easy to find someone like him before, wasn't it?

Why do football fans have such short memories? It's ridiculous. It took TWO YEARS to replace Glenn Murray, yeah, let's just get rid of the best striker we've had since Zamora, we'll find another one easily enough. It's not like we've been looking for another striker who actually scores goals ever since we bought Ulloa or anything.

It would be absolute madness to let Ulloa go. He's the only player we have that regularly scores goals, and he does it even when he isn't playing well. To let him go would be absolutely criminal, unless we had at least two proven 20 goal Championship strikers lined up to replace him.

Our efforts where Ulloa is concerned should be focused on getting him happy again and getting him back on form. And giving him some support up there.

read my original post in answer to icygull
you are right it would be madness
as I think it was madness to get rid of Murray and Barnes
but we did or am I imagining that ................some of that is the fact that they wanted away ,ask yourself why was that?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Whereas I think he has his faults, especially after his injury and his "fear" of being tackled/tackling, we are not in a position to be quite so picky as to let him go until the last year of his contract at the earliest.

Fighting for his spot in the team will be the kick up the arse he needs and his goal scoring record will return [and continue] to be around the 1 in 2 mark for the next couple of years.

While he remains petrified of being injured again, he needs some support though... either someone who can actually do what we were promised Jesse would, or a CM who can push up, and play the occasional 1-2 to allow him a few decent shots on target.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Some people on NSC would turn on their own mothers given the right excuse... Ulloa has been a class act for this club - who could we bring in realistically that's better?? Yes form has dipped somewhat, but that has most likely coincided with the injury to himself and that of Crofts and Orlandi... What I would give for some perspective from a minority section of our 'FANS'. Its quite obvious this season is not going to be a fairy tale ending, but the club is going in the right direction and is stable (and stability right now is a god send when you look at whats happening around us and where we were not so long ago!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here