Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Opening post clearly a wind up. Ulloa not fit, needs more games and training. I am sure he will get sharper as the games come. Wouldn't harm us to try 2 up top at home either to take some pressure off him, particularly as Crofts looks like he will be out for a bit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's our best player, but was awful today. I imagine the fans will be patient because he's been so good for us, and I was thinking of what it's going to be like for CMS when he tries to find his feet again, after a much more serious injury.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is obviously not fit yet...we do have a habit like bridders that we bring players back from injuries quickly...certainly Orlandi is the exception as we are introducing him slowly and he looks fantastic for it.

I wouldn't read anything into ulloas game today.

Crofts was OUTSTANDING today.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
For whatever reason he was poor today. Lousy first touch, slow on the ball and easily pushed off. Hopefully just a blip.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very good performance from the team today, playing with ten men for 60 minutes.
Seriously over rated by most, not the first game he looked very poor.

Lazy, Uninterested and no pace

10k a week id happily stand in the box with my arms aloft, awaiting the perfect ball so i can finish (cant doubt that part of his game)

Sell him to Sunderland 5 million, well strengthen in several areas (Barnes) and put a bit towards FFP.

WIN WIN WIN

Missing Ashley? Ahhh bless.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He needs a goal. Poor first touch today ,but well marked today.He lacked quality crosses,but hey he just had a poor game.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
He's our best player, but was awful today. I imagine the fans will be patient because he's been so good for us, and I was thinking of what it's going to be like for CMS when he tries to find his feet again, after a much more serious injury.

"Best player"??? Better than World Class left back Stephen Ward - perfect in defence (anyone ever seen a winger beat him?), gifted and creative going forward and incredible pace to burn.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Really? Have you ever seen a better fullback play for the Albion than Stephen Ward, or better in any position for the Albion in the last 20 years?

I can't say I really understand your pov here. Either it's a joke and you have it in for him or you're serious but deluded?
Help a brotha out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really? Have you ever seen a better fullback play for the Albion than Stephen Ward, or better in any position for the Albion in the last 20 years?

Wayne Bridge
I think Ward has been an improvement on Bridge; as regards Ulloa could he have received a phone call from a countryman
Who at the moment is a no 2 at a Premier club, especially if they sell Fletcher to Celtic.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He obviously needs just a bit more time to get fully match fit after his lay off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have yet to see a better defender in the division that Upson! I would almost say he is wasted in this division!

Jul 14, 2012
I think Ward has been an improvement on Bridge; as regards Ulloa could he have received a phone call from a countryman
Who at the moment is a no 2 at a Premier club, especially if they sell Fletcher to Celtic.

Ward is the deffinition of average. Pace, skill, tackling, heading, marking, passing... all ordinary. He is a 6/7 out of 10 every game which is fine for a fullback. But let's not pretend he is better than Wayne Bridge. Or Paul Watson. Or Stuart Tuck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here