Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa to Southampton for £6.5m?

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Oh so Leicester and Southampton want him in the Premiership.. I thought NSC thought he was a slow, immobile lump?

Oh well, let the bidding war commence,

I do but can't deny right place right time on many occasions. Will be way out of his depth at PL level IMHO.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
6.5 million is VERY tempting, but could we get a reasonable replacement THIS coming summer, and how much of that money would we need to spend. I'd like to think the club would try for 7.5 million which would be very hard to turn down. From the clubs point of view, you really have to weigh up the pros and cons, and not just turn it down straight away.

I don't want him to go, but I hope it's because we couldn't do better with the money that's offered, and that if a sum like 7 million was accepted then we would be better off for it, and it's not just a nice cash boost.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here we go again. Well, Southampton - put up or shut the **** up.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
yes but we cannot argue the same case can we really, we do not have a manager or head coach to manage transfers, we have barber, burke and bloom to do this and the whole of the football in england know this

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Say we did sell for £6m plus, would we have to pay Ulloa his remaining 3 years salary as he's not asked for a move? If that's the case then it's a shit deal for us.

We wont need to pay him anything on his current contract, as soon as he has signed his new contract the old one is effectively void.

Are you sure? The old contract would need to be dissolved prior to signing a new contract would it not? A player cannot sign a new contract without the mutual termination of the current one.

What as I understand as being typical in a player contract, is that if they are being sold without asking to leave, there is normally a settlement figure in the termination clause of the contract that the player will receive - hence why so many players try to engineer moves without directly handing in a transfer request.

I'm pretty sure that players don't hand in transfer requests unless they have to because they will qualify for loyalty bonuses if they don't (rather than hanging on for a 'settlement fee'). It's only if the potential pay rise outweighs the foregone 'loyalty' payment that they will put in for a transfer (or if they are just desperate to move for other reasons, so will take the financial hit).

I think the settlement figure is written in to cover what either the club or player will have to pay to terminate the contract without the other's consent/agreement. In a situation where the player wants to go (regardless of having handed in a transfer request or not) and the club is happy enough with the offer received to let them go, the contract can be cancelled by mutual agreement, with no settlement fee to pay.

Edit: I would also imagine that 'loyalty' bonuses are often waived by players who haven't handed in transfer requests to grease the wheels and make deals more attractive to the selling club...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I take £6.5m for Ulloa in a heatbeat. Although that would only leave us with one striker. Still that's one more than we have keepers or left backs atm, unless your happy starting with Ankergren and Chicksen next season....That said I thought Chicksen done ok against Hull at home, maybe he is penned in for a starting berth next season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
6.5m? Happy days. The new manager could start the season with a blank team sheet and 10m in the bank!

Whoop whoop!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I love that Saints might be interested, the more the merrier. More clubs showing interest encourages even more to look at him. All the time the price goes up. And our new manager will have a decent war chest to build his team...... Sometime before Christmas would be good. :rolleyes:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
6.5 Million for Ulloa.

Zamora and Murray back.

Delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here