Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP candidate suspended

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The difference is the kipper's rant reinforces the view that UKIP is a party of closet, or out of the closet, racists. It's part of a wider pattern of ignorance from Ukip candidates.

What exactly do we learn from the two stories you posted? Highlighting misdemeanours from other parties does nothing to dispel the widely held opinion that Ukip are a party of bigots.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
says the din any where but the uk :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
regards
DR

No matter what you say about me. You plan to vote UKIP.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Plus of course, we have already seen evidence (soulman) of somebody living THERE, making a complete prat of themselves, by claiming the Labour Shadow Business secretary as being a UKIP member...on the basis he was black, and had a purple tie haha

One day, the NSC UKIP worship club may berate on of the boards overseas UKIP supporters ...Ive not seen it yet. Think the word is hypocritical.

Jan 30, 2008
No matter what you say about me. You plan to vote UKIP.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Plus of course, we have already seen evidence (soulman) of somebody living THERE, making a complete prat of themselves, by claiming the Labour Shadow Business secretary as being a UKIP member...on the basis he was black, and had a purple tie haha
WE ALL MAKE ERRORS BUT YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH, what a din :facepalm: LOOKING FORWARD TO UKIP GETTING MY VOTE :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
the difference is the kipper's rant reinforces the view that ukip is a party of closet, or out of the closet, racists. It's part of a wider pattern of ignorance from ukip candidates.

What exactly do we learn from the two stories you posted? Highlighting misdemeanours from other parties does nothing to dispel the widely held opinion that ukip are a party of bigots.
lets see how many" bigots" cast a vote in their favour then :)
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't vote UKIP, and oppose much of their policies, but it is important to put this situation in context.

They will have this problem for a while yet. They are a young party who have grown quickly, with little candidate history and a lot of seats to challenge.

Therefore, when people apply to stand the due diligence checks cannot be based on knowledge of character as much as the more established parties can base there's. So this is bound to happen. The Greens have a similar problem in some ways, although it manifests itself slightly differently, but the outcome is the same- some people who perhaps shouldn't stand for office do.

The most annoying theme on these threads is the loaded rhetoric. UKIP have a lot of racists and phobes of all sorts, yes, but I maintain that the majority of their voters are people who are concerned about the future in the same way as everyone else. They are probably good at heart like most other folk too.

I like to challenge the views of some of their supporters, but it is much better done through reasoned dialogue and respect rather than mindless confrontation. What is the mud slinging on this thread going to solve ? Nothing.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't vote UKIP, and oppose much of their policies, but it is important to put this situation in context.

They will have this problem for a while yet. They are a young party who have grown quickly, with little candidate history and a lot of seats to challenge.

Therefore, when people apply to stand the due diligence checks cannot be based on knowledge of character as much as the more established parties can base there's. So this is bound to happen.

The most annoying theme on these threads is the loaded rhetoric. UKIP have a lot of racists and phobes of all sorts, yes, but I maintain that the majority of their voters are people who are concerned about the future in the same way as everyone else. They are probably good at heart like most other folk too.

I like to challenge the views of some of their supporters, but it is much better done through reasoned dialogue and respect rather than mindless confrontation. What is the mud slinging on this thread going to solve ? Nothing.

Balanced post there, thank you.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
The difference is the kipper's rant reinforces the view that UKIP is a party of closet, or out of the closet, racists. It's part of a wider pattern of ignorance from Ukip candidates.

What exactly do we learn from the two stories you posted? Highlighting misdemeanours from other parties does nothing to dispel the widely held opinion that Ukip are a party of bigots.

It may reinforce a section of the public's already bigoted view of UKIP, but to most people, while it is the admittedly unpleasant rantings of one person, it is just that, a tactic being used at the eleventh hour to try and derail the momentum of a party that is the most serious threat to the establishment (of which both old gang parties are part) that has appeared for decades.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It may reinforce a section of the public's already bigoted view of UKIP, but to most people, while it is the admittedly unpleasant rantings of one person, it is just that, a tactic being used at the eleventh hour to try and derail the momentum of a party that is the most serious threat to the establishment (of which both old gang parties are part) that has appeared for decades.

Out of interest in what way is the public view of UKIP bigoted ?

Or do you mean that whenever a member of the public doesn't support any party, it is by definition bigoted ? ??

Last edited:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
UKIP momentum?. Which way is the momentum heading?

You could address that question to David Cameron whose desperation to try and claw back defectors to UKIP has seen him wheel out Boris Johnson, Ian Duncan-Smith and John Major to name a few Tory grandees to attack them with various "warnings", or Milipede's minions where a number of key Labour seats such as Rotherham are at risk of being lost, hopefully to a UKIP breakthrough.

Whatever your view of UKIP is, following on from the EU Elections of last year, and the various by-election successes and impressive vote scores, they are a serious threat to the political status quo, despite the FPTP system that will see their vote share not reflected in numbers of seats in these impending elections.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You could address that question to David Cameron whose desperation to try and claw back defectors to UKIP has seen him wheel out Boris Johnson, Ian Duncan-Smith and John Major to name a few Tory grandees to attack them with various "warnings", or Milipede's minions where a number of key Labour seats such as Rotherham are at risk of being lost, hopefully to a UKIP breakthrough.

Whatever your view of UKIP is, following on from the EU Elections of last year, and the various by-election successes and impressive vote scores, they are a serious threat to the political status quo, despite the FPTP system that will see their vote share not reflected in numbers of seats in these impending elections.

Im not a tory voter, but I see them winning the election. I really dont see UKIP as a serious threat. At all. After Farage steps down, they will disintegrate with infighting im certain.

As for UKIP breakthrough...nah...dont see that happening at all. They will be lucky to hang on to what they have.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Out of interest why is the public view of UKIP bigoted ?

Or do you mean that whenever a member of the public doesn't support any party, it is by definition bigoted ? ??

I mean those gullible enough to be manipulated by establishment propaganda and tactics, subsequently parroting their distortions, smears and outright lies in true Orwellian 1984 style, without recourse to valid research into the truth.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I mean those gullible enough to be manipulated by establishment propaganda and tactics, subsequently parroting their distortions, smears and outright lies in true Orwellian 1984 style, without recourse to valid research into the truth.

I find it amazing that some people view Ukip as an anti-establishment party sticking up for the people. What is this view based on?

D

Deleted member 22389

Im not a tory voter, but I see them winning the election. I really dont see UKIP as a serious threat. At all. After Farage steps down, they will disintegrate with infighting im certain.

As for UKIP breakthrough...nah...dont see that happening at all. They will be lucky to hang on to what they have.

I don't think UKIP will break up. All the time there is this issue around the EU, we need a party that is going to reflect the views of people who want out of the EU. I understand Farage is the big ticket, but I think UKIP will and can survive without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here