Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Schoolgirl killed in Syria

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
One has to look at the events that led up to 9/11 and other atrocities to understand why someone may be radicalised. The Bin Laden family have for decades been a huge building contracting firm. Osama Bin Laden was a normal brother in a hugely wealthy family until two refugee camps were set upon and all the inhabitants massacred. This is what turned Bin Laden from a normal member of a family of building contractors into a malignant, murderous terrorist.
That's not any excuse for what the man did and I abhore his reaction. As many rightly do.
He had the money to then launch a full scale assault on the western world.
When potential extremists are targeted, this is the history they are told.
I stress I absolutely do not condone his actions or the subsequent war on western civilisation but this is one example that is used to radicalise people.
A big, sorry mess, the lot of it.

Bin Laden has a lot of history. What refugee camps are you talking about? I knew he wasn't happy when the Saudi's invited the US onto "holy" soil, instead of the Mujahidin, to kick Saddam out of Kuwait in 1990.

Also it wouldn't be that hard to fall out with the US criminal Republican Neo Cons with the likes of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz etc and last but not least the Bush family who are as you know are in bed with the Bin Laden's. What's there not to like?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bin Laden has a lot of history. What refugee camps are you talking about? I knew he wasn't happy when the Saudi's invited the US onto "holy" soil, instead of the Mujahidin, to kick Saddam out of Kuwait in 1990.

Also it wouldn't be that hard to fall out with the US criminal Republican Neo Cons with the likes of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz etc and last but not least the Bush family who are as you know are in bed with the Bin Laden's. What's there not to like?

Most likely they were two camps in Bayiman, invaded by US funded foreign troops, but it's not confirmed. It may well be a fabrication. My point, perhaps not made that well, is that confrontations, wars, are not the result of one single action, they occur as part of a series of , sometimes seemingly unrelated events, that gain momentum until a murderous loon like Bin Laden takes the fight outside of their own country. This is how extremists are recruited.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
One has to look at the events that led up to 9/11 and other atrocities to understand why someone may be radicalised. The Bin Laden family have for decades been a huge building contracting firm. Osama Bin Laden was a brother in a hugely wealthy family until two refugee camps were set upon and all the inhabitants massacred. This is what turned Bin Laden from a member of a family of building contractors into a malignant, murderous terrorist. That's not any excuse for what the man did and I abhore his reaction. As many rightly do.
He had the money to then launch a full scale assault on the western world.
When potential extremists are targeted, this is the history they are told.
I stress I absolutely do not condone his actions or the subsequent war on western civilisation but this is one example that is used to radicalise people.
A big, sorry mess, the lot of it.

Edit: to clarify, Osama bin laden had for a long time been involved with fighting with and arming anti western militia, it was not an overnight transformation.

Massacred by whom?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

How is this relevant to the topic in question, or did you feel the need to add a bit of personal bias for good measure?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That's a very good question, to which nobody has an answer.

But this is quite crucial to the point you were making; you said that as a result of this alleged massacre, he turned to terrorism. Given that his terrorism was then aimed at that big bad West, the inference from your post was that western troops were involved, which of course you cannot substantiate. That would undermine totally the point that somehow the West was to blame, would it not?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Getting Teenage kids to do anything is a near impossible task, yet isil's power of persuasion can get a 16yr old to go to some hell hole where the odds of you getting raped with allsorts of shit happening to you and ultimately ending up dead are high is staggering, i can't even fecking get mine to keep their bedrooms tidy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I expected.

Delighted we got that sorted. I knew it would be an oversight on your part and that you would have missed goldstone's outrageous earlier post discriminating against those with a disability. No worries. Glad we can all move on together.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But this is quite crucial to the point you were making; you said that as a result of this alleged massacre, he turned to terrorism. Given that his terrorism was then aimed at that big bad West, the inference from your post was that western troops were involved, which of course you cannot substantiate. That would undermine totally the point that somehow the West was to blame, would it not?

Nope. I never stated that western troops were involved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Slightly sad but she died doing what she chose to do so... ah well.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're so tetchy aren't you. Don't look to me to start your own personal little world war for you. Go blow it out your arse mate.
What a strange answer , probably posted because you can't deny my last post was true.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What a strange answer , probably posted because you can't deny my last post was true.

We can read you like a book. You'll read what you like into anything because you have your own little agenda to pursue. It comes to something when I say it's sad that 16 year old girls find solace in going off to war zones and you equate that to my blaming Western society for that. You're an angry frustrated little boy.

Cry-Baby.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We can read you like a book. You'll read what you like into anything because you have your own little agenda to pursue. It comes to something when I say it's sad that 16 year old girls find solace in going off to war zones and you equate that to my blaming Western society for that. You're an angry frustrated little boy.

Cry-Baby.jpg
I'm angry and frustrated ? Says you who resorts to silly pictures to try and win the argument, it's down in black and white what you said , wriggle as much as you like but you've been proved to have said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here