• The IT Crowd

Votes: 27 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm feeling VERY guilty about voting for The Young Ones. The wealth of evidence provided by people in this thread has swayed me towards The Day Today and now I regret not voting for it, frankly. It was always a tough group and my vote really paid no heed to the fact that it is quite dated. My mistake for which I apologise to all fans of TDT.

But it's the stuff of absolutely vintage NSC world cups. You've just got to hope a proper genius comedy DOES win the thing.
We did warn you that the sunlit uplands weren't real...

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The Young Ones and The Day Today should be strolling this really. How The Fast Show is top and not bottom is beyond me.
Agreed, I tried re-watching The Fast Show recently, I only got to the 2nd episode and turned it off halfway through.

It was certainly of its time, but on reflection, it's actually a bit shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ditto Steptoe and Son and Whatever happened to the Likely Lads? (Especially relevant as sadly Brigit Forsyth has just died :() In fact I'm not even sure Monty Python was included. However that has dated badly.

And as I'm obviously in a grizzling mode I'll add I must be the only person in Christendom who thought The Office was 'ok' at best. (EDIT: Although that wasn't in this group! D'oh!)
I was listening to a Steptoe episode yesterday on radio 4…. Works well on radio tbh. It was when the old man got engaged to a 42 year old that Harold had been in love with years earlier

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I find it hard to compare sit coms with sketch shows though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here