• The IT Crowd

Votes: 27 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This like trying to choose a favourite child (well, if it was four kids it’s one from three and there’s a clear runt of the litter 🤣) but The Fast Show just about pips the Young Ones for me. Brilliant !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am surprised by how well The Fast Show is doing. I thought The Young Ones would walk away with 1st, and a battle for 2nd between the other 3.

Long way to go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm preparing myself for The Day Today not making it through, which would be an utter travesty.

Prove me wrong, NSC.
Yes, the travesty being your poor quality grouping.

As genius as it was, The Day Today is up against two absolute titans of the game here and in The IT Crowd, another 4th that got here on merit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, the travesty being your poor quality grouping.

As genius as it was, The Day Today is up against two absolute titans of the game here and in The IT Crowd, another 4th that got here on merit.
You can't argue with the draw balls. They are what they are.

The idea that The Young Ones could be seen as a better comedy than The Day Today hurts my head.

*Sucks teeth* - "It is what it is. We'll learn from it."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can't argue with the draw balls. They are what they are.

The idea that The Young Ones could be seen as a better comedy than The Day Today hurts my head.

*Sucks teeth* - "It is what it is. We'll learn from it."
The Young Ones was every bit as iconic as The Day Today. You've got this all wrong. Sigh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everybody loved The Young Ones at the time, I would have been 14 or 15, but for me it's not as funny now.

The Fast Show, however, is still funny and I expect many people still use the odd catchphrase in everyday life. I know I still use "Scorchio", Jazz Club "Nice" and "Suit you, sir".

I also use a few modern day ones, like "Bus Wankers" and "Shit On It"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Young Ones was every bit as iconic as The Day Today. You've got this all wrong. Sigh.
As @Pavilionaire said, The Young Ones was decent when you're 15 and jokes about skidmarks are great. But to compare with The Day Today is borderline offensive.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Everybody loved The Young Ones at the time, I would have been 14 or 15, but for me it's not as funny now.

The Fast Show, however, is still funny and I expect many people still use the odd catchphrase in everyday life. I know I still use "Scorchio", Jazz Club "Nice" and "Suit you, sir".

I also use a few modern day ones, like "Bus Wankers" and "Shit On It"
Well some would say that the Fast Show wasn't very funny then and still isn't very funny now - it just used the same joke over and over again. The Young Ones has not aged very well but still has some hilarious moments and, more importantly, was unique and ground breaking. Bambi, Bomb and Interesting are still 3 of the best episodes of anything ever. You bottomboil.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hands up who likes me

hands up.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As @Pavilionaire said, The Young Ones was decent when you're 15 and jokes about skidmarks are great. But to compare with The Day Today is borderline offensive.
Agreed.

It was my era, I loved it at the time, but I haven't sought it out for a rewatch over the years.

The comic strip presents was much better comedically.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well some would say that the Fast Show wasn't very funny then and still isn't very funny now - it just used the same joke over and over again. The Young Ones has not aged very well but still has some hilarious moments and, more importantly, was unique and ground breaking. Bambi, Bomb and Interesting are still 3 of the best episodes of anything ever. You bottomboil.
All down to individual taste.

Sure the Fast Show rehashed the same jokes over again, but every show does that.
Vivian, Rik and Neil were stereotypes. Mike was just never funny.

Personally I still find the jokes from fast show amusing.
Jazz Club and the Californian scientist - still make me chuckle
Monkfish, Swiss Toni and Dave angel are great characters.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Man this is tough viewing. I can't believe the day today is on it's way out. It would be a worthy winner of the whole competition. When Partridge is just a bit part character and the show is no worse for it you've got absolute gold.

Still, that's world cup/nsc tournaments for you. You've got to do it on the day(today).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here