Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Least he speaks his mind unlike the politically correct society we live in :)

Reminds me of the great Roy Keane moment:

Roy "Ref, if I call you a **** will you send me off?"

Ref "Of course"

Roy "What if I think you're a ****?"

Ref "Well I can't send you off for what you think"

Roy "In which case, I think you're a ****"

(He got a red card).

And so . . . . if I say you are a ****, presumably you'll find that refreshingly honest? :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What level are you fighting at?
Money in Boxing isn't actually that good unless you're hitting European level. OF course you can earn a living off boxing if you fight domestically but it's certainly not worth bragging about it on NSC.

Nonetheless, it's always good to hear of a successful boxer coming out of Brighton. Other than Lloyd Ellett (Albion fan) and Chris Eubank jr, I don't know of any other semi successful Brighton boxers. I'm assuming you're one of the two?

Two things

1) He wasn't bragging. Just making a point.
2) It's not sensible to start arguments with pro-boxers :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if someone tells you they're a boxer, you're instantly in fear of them?

and who said southerners were fairies?

No wonder Withdean11 boxes in Hyde (Hattons gym)

Grow up, please.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Thats him doesnt he have a university agree and took up boxing seriously at Uni? Wasnt there also another one from Wales?

James Bonecrusher Smith had a USA Uni degree I think.

Current Welsh Light Heavyweight Nathan Cleverly is a maths graduate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
What level are you fighting at?
Money in Boxing isn't actually that good unless you're hitting European level. OF course you can earn a living off boxing if you fight domestically but it's certainly not worth bragging about it on NSC.

Nonetheless, it's always good to hear of a successful boxer coming out of Brighton. Other than Lloyd Ellett (Albion fan) and Chris Eubank jr, I don't know of any other semi successful Brighton boxers. I'm assuming you're one of the two?

Money is not good? Wow, you must know more than me then. I never said I was earning a fortune, just that I am earning more than people I know who have degrees. You know, as I explained, to make the point that this was a choice for me and there's not just "a reason why I'm a boxer".

You'll be hard to find me bragging (seems you are the only one who thought that) but unfortunately for you, no, I am not making a career as a journey man.

Unlike Lloyd and Chris, Brighton is not my 'hometown'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Money is not good? Wow, you must know more than me then. I never said I was earning a fortune, just that I am earning more than people I know who have degrees. You know, as I explained, to make the point that this was a choice for me and there's not just "a reason why I'm a boxer".

You'll be hard to find me bragging (seems you are the only one who thought that) but unfortunately for you, no, I am not making a career as a journey man.

Unlike Lloyd and Chris, Brighton is not my 'hometown'.

I posted some questions for you in post 123 :smile:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Back onto the subject of Tyson, disgusting decision from the IBF to strip him of the belt for signing a rematch clause before he was even champion.

Certain sports seem to have in ingrained ability to consistently cut their nose off to spite their face.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You know, as I explained, to make the point that this was a choice for me and there's not just "a reason why I'm a boxer".

You were offended by an earlier post of mine where I mentioned Tyson Fury being a boxer for a reason.

Did you not notice above that sentence was also a comment by me mentioning how he's being treated like a major politician?

Why has that offended you and why are you trying to make out as if I'm attacking all boxers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here